Curious About this Chameleon...

Hello everyone! I watch this channel on youtube that essentially takes care of reptiles that need to be rehomed whether the owner is no longer capable to take care of their pets, or the reptile has health issues. You can see at 11 minutes into the video he unboxes a very unwell chameleon that looks like it is dead and not moving. I'm just curious about why that chameleon is in that state and not moving. Would any of you know why? Here's the link to the video, it's pretty interesting.

I have no personal tie to this chameleon I'm just curious is all!

Hello everyone! I watch this channel on youtube that essentially takes care of reptiles that need to be rehomed whether the owner is no longer capable to take care of their pets, or the reptile has health issues. You can see at 11 minutes into the video he unboxes a very unwell chameleon that looks like it is dead and not moving. I'm just curious about why that chameleon is in that state and not moving. Would any of you know why? Here's the link to the video, it's pretty interesting.

I have no personal tie to this chameleon I'm just curious is all!

It looks terribly dehydrated for starters. I follow this YouTuber and this is the first chameleon he’s taken in. Hoping he’ll give an update in it.

I watch Alex as well. Not only do I appreciate what he does, I enjoy his brutal, deadpan humor (I would imagine humor is pretty much the only way one could cope with being sent very sick animals on the regular). I’ve also always wondered why he‘s never unboxed a chameleon up until now, but he answers that question pretty well.

This video is.. terribly heartbreaking. It’s so very sad how beautiful panther chams are even when they are very ill and obviously near death. I‘ll be shocked if Alex manages to do anything at all for this poor creature.

As for the chameleon’s current state, assuming that’s not mouth rot at 11:38, the crooked lips and lack of grip have got me thinking MDB. I’m sure what we’re seeing with this poor thing comes down to improper husbandry all the way around, but I’d be willing to bet that his previous owner used a coil bulb for UVB and wasn’t supplementing feeders properly (or they weren’t providing UVB/supplements period). Terrible that they let their chameleon’s condition deteriorate so badly before rehoming him :’(

I watch Alex as well. Not only do I appreciate what he does, I enjoy his brutal, deadpan humor (I would imagine humor is pretty much the only way one could cope with being sent very sick animals on the regular). I’ve also always wondered why he‘s never unboxed a chameleon up until now, but he answers that question pretty well.

This video is.. terribly heartbreaking. It’s so very sad how beautiful panther chams are even when they are very ill and obviously near death. I‘ll be shocked if Alex manages to do anything at all for this poor creature.

As for the chameleon’s current state, assuming that’s not mouth rot at 11:38, the crooked lips and lack of grip have got me thinking MDB. I’m sure what we’re seeing with this poor thing comes down to improper husbandry all the way around, but I’d be willing to bet that his previous owner used a coil bulb for UVB and wasn’t supplementing feeders properly (or they weren’t providing UVB/supplements period). Terrible that they let their chameleon’s condition deteriorate so badly before rehoming him :’(
If you go to his web site Emerald Scales, you’ll see that most of the animals from this video have already been adopted out. I’m hoping the cham has survived and Alex keeps it. Stan needs some competition. (Ya gotta love Stan)

If you go to his web site Emerald Scales, you’ll see that most of the animals from this video have already been adopted out. I’m hoping the cham has survived and Alex keeps it. Stan needs some competition. (Ya gotta love Stan)
I hope so too, on lol accounts! Stan’s great but he could definitely stand to share the spotlight a little.
A sassy chameleon would also compliment Alex’s personality pretty well, I think 😂

I commented on the video that the cham needs an experienced chameleon vet ASAP when the video came out. I hope he already took him to one or saw the comment then did. He did say the cham will be getting its own video uploaded soon, so it’s survived at least that much. I really hope he teaches proper husbandry because he has a huge platform with mostly beginner reptiles. I’d hate to see them going out to buy a cham with no or improper husbandry learned. I love the dude, he’s hilarious, but he needs to nail the chameleon video and care

Back
Top Bottom