cup feeding

A deeper cup may do... Sometimes they will just get the better of you though... I like to let them roam a bit... It basically has helped work my cham into hunting somewhat

i free range so if they escape its a matter of waking up at 3 am to throw a cricket off your chest..ive found that if you put some mist in the cup and some cricket food, they usually will stay and engourge with food and water..i rarely see a roaming cricket since ive been doing that..

i free range so if they escape its a matter of waking up at 3 am to throw a cricket off your chest..ive found that if you put some mist in the cup and some cricket food, they usually will stay and engourge with food and water..i rarely see a roaming cricket since ive been doing that..

I like that idea a LOT... do you use the flukers or do you use a veggie or two?

true..pull the legs off..i feel bad when i do , so i cant anymore..but as for the food i use mullberry farms cricket food, with a few mix veggies (kale, romaine, carrot, beets, ect. just a micro salad, like a couple small shavings)..

My cham does not eat crickets anymore but back in the day when he did, I could not pull of the legs either! But it is very ironic that we cannot do that, but are sending them to their deaths anyways when we use them as feeders!

Those "red" deli cups work fine - nothing clear. Poke some holes in the bottom so misted water drains out. I like to glue a small screen in the (almost) bottom of the cup so that the cricket poop falls thru and cham doesn't eat it - probably overkill. I like cup feeding so that when somebody else watches my chams they can feed by just dumping crickets in the cups. Chams will tend to just hang out near the cup after awhile though - so i still hand feed when i can. Putting a small amount of food in the bottom of the cup is ok - just don't let it get nasty and moldy and cham could end up eating whatever you put in there. I like to use a very, very small piece of carrot and put the crickets in the cup at night with the carrot. That way I don't have to do it in the morning and cricket eats the carrot all night and is gut loaded in the morning. Less mess - no mold.

Back
Top Bottom