Cup Feeding

chamyman15

I recently bought my first chameleon. He is a small juvenile, but the pet store owner did not tell me his exact age. I want to know everyones thoughts on cup feeding. He is in a big cage for his size(im obviously going to get him a huge one when he gets bigger), but he has trouble catching the crickets because of his small size and the open space for the crickets to get away. Would i be better off just putting the crickets in a cup for him to eat out of? If so, how would I be able to teach him to eat out of it?

I've always fed my boy from a cup. I think they recognize pretty fast the place they get food from. I'm sure your cham will figure it out on his own.

I've always fed my boy from a cup. I think they recognize pretty fast the place they get food from. I'm sure your cham will figure it out on his own.
That's good because ive seen him struggle at getting ahold of all of his food, so im just going to start cup feeding.

Does it matter what kind of cup? Or size?
I use a bird feeding cup that you can attach to the side of the cage but you should choose a cup that suits your setup. Make sure it's big enough so all the feeders won't just climb out. And make sure it's in a spot where it won't get filled up with water.

personally ive been using a sunny D bottle made into a cricket cup for a good 5 months now. if i were you i would pay attention to where he basks and put it up somewhere near there he may not pay too much attention to it until there’s a good amount of crickets in it

No training required, but I’d still throw in a few loose feeders while your using the cup so he can learn to hunt.

You can make a cup from just about anything as long as they can’t escape.
4B4C6517-B8DF-490A-905F-0FD4EA7FE7F7.jpeg
F11B4FAD-356E-4998-85BE-0C3DF529DF0F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom