Cup feeding

Yeah I feed mine before I leave as well. When I come home and check on him though, he will run down to the cup and stare at me if he feels he needs more food! Demanding little thing lol.

Mine is hand-fed his favourites an hour after he wakes up, because we are working on him not hunting down my roommate anymore. So she handfeeds him before she goes to work. I come home at lunch, dust his staple feeders and toss them in his feeding dish for him to pick at as he likes for the rest of the day. The training is going really well- he has stopped chasing her entirely, and will even go on her hand once in a while now if she bribes him with a silkworm :)

Mine is hand-fed his favourites an hour after he wakes up, because we are working on him not hunting down my roommate anymore. So she handfeeds him before she goes to work. I come home at lunch, dust his staple feeders and toss them in his feeding dish for him to pick at as he likes for the rest of the day. The training is going really well- he has stopped chasing her entirely, and will even go on her hand once in a while now if she bribes him with a silkworm :)

Sounds like you've made great progress. How old is your chameleon? Got any tips? :)

He is nearly 8 months old. Honestly, time and patience, moving slow from underneath, and handfeeding as much as possible are the best tips I've used for my young cham. He is unreasonably easy, though: a real sweetheart, loves all his food, knows where his "dinner cup" is, etc. Even him hunting down my roommate to bite her was easily dealt with, truthfully. His sire is a super laid-back, friendly cham and his dam is a real sweetheart- which is why I picked that particular pairing to buy from. Vladislav was also the largest, most active and curious baby in his clutch. He crawled immediately onto my hand when I put it in the baby bin time and time again. So I think I just kind of got a super awesome cham to start with.

I feed mine before i leave in the morning.

They will eat when they're ready.
I was wondering what kind of cup. I want to be able to put in cup and come back later. Right now am holding cup and he doesn't eat much. If I left feeders in he might eat better.

Back
Top Bottom