Cryptosporidiosis???

Michael

I am sorry if this has been asked before.:eek:
I am just wondering if anyone can tell me that Do cham get Cryptosporidiosis? I know it seems to be quite common for Leopard Geckos, but what about chams?

thank you very much.:D

Howdy,

Crypto is not commonly found in chameleons although there have been reports of it from time-to-time. It may be that that those chameleons were exposed to it somewhere between being imported or by a breeder with a contaminated environment. I'm not aware of anyone reporting it being found in chameleons in the wild but that doens't mean that it isn't the case.

Agree with Mr. Weldon. The cases are very few and mostly debilitated animals from other causes where Crypto is more of an incidental and/or secondary finding.

Ivan

thanks you guys, because I am planning to get a Leopard Geckos and while I was research its care sheet, I realized Cryptosporidiosis is pretty deadly to gecko, so that's why I am worry if it is commom for cham to get it.:)

Since you know already that it is deadly and prevalent in geckoes, make sure you have superior hygiene practices to prevent cross contamination. Keep in mind Crypto has not been reported in chameleons but that doesn't mean they are immune to it.

Ivan

Since you know already that it is deadly and prevalent in geckoes, make sure you have superior hygiene practices to prevent cross contamination. Keep in mind Crypto has not been reported in chameleons but that doesn't mean they are immune to it.

Ivan

yeah I will definitly do that:D
thank you

Back
Top Bottom