Crusty eye

FrankTheTank

Established Member
Can someone please tell me what is going on here and if it is serious. I have tried rubbing it with a wet qtip and it doesn't want to come off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 195
I would say if it is not coming off, then it is some type of growth. If that is the case, then I would get him to a vet before things get worse.

My chams get them all the time mine was left over shed that didn't come of of his eye and had another one that had an eye buger but the eye bugger came off and left a little that dried. It takes a lot of water and soaking to get them off

I would say spray it with warm water. He might not like it. Just mist it from a distance so it is not a jet of water hitting his eye. Also, I am not 100% that that is shed. When my chameleons shed their eyes it is usually very white and flaky and usually can be removed easily. I mean it could be, but if it still remains after all your attempts then I would start considering it is something that is attached to the eye like a growth like I said before. Has he been trying to rub it off on any branches or anything himself? It looks kinda yellowy looking and bumpy not so much like left over shed. Maybe it is just the picture, I don't know.

Safe cleaning

I would say spray it with warm water. He might not like it. Just mist it from a distance so it is not a jet of water hitting his eye. Also, I am not 100% that that is shed. When my chameleons shed their eyes it is usually very white and flaky and usually can be removed easily. I mean it could be, but if it still remains after all your attempts then I would start considering it is something that is attached to the eye like a growth like I said before. Has he been trying to rub it off on any branches or anything himself? It looks kinda yellowy looking and bumpy not so much like left over shed. Maybe it is just the picture, I don't know.
Try using a soft bristle toothbrush my Chams absolutly love it it helps with slow shedding too.

Yeah I don't think a brush of any kind near the eye is a good idea. I will try to spray with warm water. It doesn't look like she's to me either. Eye booger seems more fitting. But if the water doesn't help them I guess I will have to take him to the vet. I haven't seen him run it on anything. Of course he got really mad when I rubbed him with the qtip...but who wouldn't

Nozzle is doing MUCH better. Thanks for the help guys! It came off with some warm water.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 157
Excellent, glad I could help. Wait a minute I didn't help.:( But would would have if I seen your thread earlier, does that count?

Well I am very, very happy your guy is ok and no vet was required. Congrats.

Back
Top Bottom