crix escaping!! help

creep

I don't know what is going on but I keep finding crickets all over the house. Not only is it wasting cash. But my girl friend is about ready to kill me as she hates bugs. Now ive used 2 different containers for the crix and I have checked every crack in thecage to see if they are escaPing from there. But they are still getting out. Any ideas anyone?

I have mine in a large bin like what you store clothes in. I put a layer of clear packing tape all around the bin towards the top and haven't had any crawl out since then. The tape idea was given to me by someone on the boards and it worked like I said cause they can't climb over the layer they slip!

I used to have the same problem, and was unable to figure out how the kept getting out. They have an amazing ability to fit through ANY crack. What I did was put tape over every hole and then just poked little holes through the tape with a pin to allow for air flow. This solved the problem.

Are you using egg crates?? If so, how close are they to the top of your bin?? I have the the inside of the top cut out and replaced with screen. I have vertical egg cartons and usually one row of horizontal ones. I had them too close to the top, and the large adults were able to get on the screen and squeeze between the lid and the container, even when the lid was tight. Had the same prob with crix everywhere!!!! Sneaky little things!!

Back
Top Bottom