Critique my enclosure + How old is my cham?

Williams7165

Just curious on rough guesses at my chams age... I think the pet store said 3 months....not sure if its accurate or not?

Also pics of his home.

nFnAiKg.jpg

hgMeWI2.jpg

ZDP5v01.jpg

Just my guess cause I recently purchased a 4 month old female. If female I would say 5 to 6 months. I am not expert on aging...

Your enclosure is beautiful! Maybe add a LITTLE bit more foliage (fake leaves) at the top, it's a bit empty up there, but you don't have to.

The cage is a piece of art.

The chameleon I would say is anywhere from 4-5 months

Welcome to the forum!:D

It appears your plants are not plastic, I would suggest you stay natural. Take your Pathos and entwine it up onto the higher branches, it will fill in the top quickly.

If the cup that is hanging in the bottom 1/2 of the cage is a feeding cup, it would be better if it were up under some higher branches, and about 1/2 the height (the cham should not have to put his head into the cup). The cup should be open at the top, so remove the crossbar when you move it up.

It looks like you have a dripper and a mist head, if you are getting water on the carpet, you can cover the 3 sides and the lower door to stop spatter.

Do the rocks hide a drain hole which dumps into a container you dump? If so, make sure it is screened so feeders don't get out-they will head straight for the rock pile.

Nice job!

Nick:D

Thanks for the tips!

The rocks do cover a drain hole, and it is screened in.

The cup is at the bottom temporarily until I come up with a new one...because this ones somewhat clear, if its any higher he sees the crickets through the side and tries to get them =\... this way he must go through the top.

I will entwine the pathos to different areas... don't know why i didn't think of that!

As for the edges, I do get minor spatter out of the sides... what do you cover the sides with?

Unless you want something more permanent I used window insulation shrink film. It keeps the water from splasing outside the cage and helps with humidity. I also had trouble with a clear feeder and I just wrapped it with blue painter's tape. I would say your cham is around 3-4 months old.

For my feeding cup I just wrapped a clean deli cup with tape so he couldn't see through it...as well as using the air holes in it with those metal book ring things so it just clips on and off for easy removal and cleaning. Mine sits a little under his basking spot. I also had to cover the bottom because he would shoot from below it.

Back
Top Bottom