Crinkles -my lovely xanth jacksons is growing up

Twitchet

Chameleon Enthusiast
This is Crinkles- my xanth, I thought I'd post pics of him as I'm very proud of him, after Remkon posted pics of Wurma I said to him I'd do the same so here he is.
I see Wurma , they look so similar and he always reminds me of Crinkles- I think they are brothers by another mother. :LOL:
I'm very proud of him and he's got through a tough start.
Thanks to the person who advised and helped me here.
I can't wait for him to turn green and for those horns to grow. He eats anything and is growing well.
I got Crinkles ( named because of his crinkly tail) in mid Feb, I was told he was 3 months but he clearly wasn't, He hadn't had enough humidity and his skin had dried over his arms pinching his skin and tail- deforming it, I thought he would lose the tail but it's gradually improved to now where you can barely see any difference just a little discolouration, Anyway, I love him to bits and he's really growing now.
Question- Why is he not green yet ?? I see others that are or do they change at different ages.

The day I got him-I spent hours soaking and easing off the leather hard skin. 2g in weight.

after a couple of weeks

measuring day - not playing ball by not lining up straight on the ruler.

Baby photos- sleeping beauty- you can still see the discoloured part of the tail.

Looking gorgeous- a month ago

The other day -

Thanks- I love that picture, Makes me go almost tearful!:):ROFLMAO: I look at it - He's so beautiful and his scale patterns are just stunning.:love:

Wow, you've done an incredible job getting him healthy. He looks amazing! He is beyond adorable!!! :love:

Thanks everyone, He's a sweetie for sure.
Can't wait for him to be green and full grown,
I haven t tried to handle him at all, decided to let him make the decision if he was comfortable enough to have any contact with me and if he didn't that was o.k, . One day a month ago I opened the door to his viv and he reached out to my hand- had a walk around , went back, and now he does that when he wants, I'm just another twig to him. It's great to know he's comfortable enough with me to do that.
Dave = are you in SE of England ? Whereabouts?

He's a pretty guy, he has a lot of greens on the first pictures already!
Love that last pic too, wurma could also display such patterns, very nice!

:)Aww, that's nice, as long as they were happy memories, always makes me go a bit teary when I look back at him, he was so very tiny. And I know have a better idea of how old he was when I got him , I never really knew, he had shed one for sure. I also had his brother who was just 1.4g, he was never right from the start and maybe a runt, he battled on for a few months but declined and I lost him, very sad but I have this guy and I swear he's growing as I watch. :D

:)Aww, that's nice, as long as they were happy memories, always makes me go a bit teary when I look back at him, he was so very tiny. And I know have a better idea of how old he was when I got him , I never really knew, he had shed one for sure. I also had his brother who was just 1.4g, he was never right from the start and maybe a runt, he battled on for a few months but declined and I lost him, very sad but I have this guy and I swear he's growing as I watch. :D
Happy memories, yes, but tinged with sadness too. I loved every bone in Monty's body. He was a special guy. Everyone who met him fell in love with the 'dinky dinosaur'. When he died, my passion for chams died somewhat too. Now Toby (also a Jax) is gone too I don't think I can face another. Definitely not another Jackson as none will ever be like Monty was. I see you ask someone above if they are in the UK - I am, on the Isle of Wight, just off the south coast.

Yes- well said Miss Lily- Some animals just leave a mark , more than most - My panther is special- I have had and lost many animals, many have been extremely special but he is one of those'one in a million' animals, he's never been a days problem, always just him- no expectations or demands, just happily goes around, eating, pooping, climbing on his ropes a bit- climbing on me. So I know how you must feel, I'm so sorry that your little triceratops has gone. I hope you will reconsider and maybe one day another little guy will come into your life.
I'm in west Sussex.(y)

Back
Top Bottom