crickets

crickets 200 1st try

How did that happen? Did they make it? Ive tried & tried. what substrate U use? Dubias are easier but carpets wont touch them not even the nymphs

YES they all lived and getting bigger all the time.ok get some eco eart bedding I buy mine in 3 packs it's made by zoo med. also keep the humidity level up. and the temp around 80. a heat pad on low works great. the kind humans use for sore backs. I put eco bedding in a 10 gallon tank make sure it's damp. and keep it damp. make sure you use some packing tape 1/4 from the top around the inside of the tank so the babies don't climb out. also I feed all my crickets chicken starter mesh for chickens. potatoes cut into 1/4's I also use flukers water bites. carrots any green thats freash for feeding my adults suggestion get 3/4 crickets as adults die soon after they start lying eggs. make sure you keep the humidity up and soil wet. I never even read anything on how to do it. what happened is I acidently started having baby crickets in my canyon tree frog's tank. that apparently worked. so I took that concept and used it. it really works! I was amazed. I was actualy hoping someone here would give me some tips on getting a higher cricket production. Good luck

I did a batch of crickets, had thousands, and from my experience I will buy them from now on. They are definately a PITA!! So much easier just to buy them. And I agree dubias would be easier.

I did a batch of crickets, had thousands, and from my experience I will buy them from now on. They are definately a PITA!! So much easier just to buy them. And I agree dubias would be easier.

100% agree. had my own colony for awhile. now i keep roaches. crickets def better just to buy from time to time. but everybody has to have atleast 1 cricket colony just to have that PITA experience.

100% agree. had my own colony for awhile. now i keep roaches. crickets def better just to buy from time to time. but everybody has to have atleast 1 cricket colony just to have that PITA experience.

Screw the PITA experience! I just got my roach colony starter kit right now. Hopefully they turn out ok.

What's pita? Anywho, I've hatched and grown them as well. I did it the same way. Eco earth in a 10 gallon aquarium. I'm feeding them to my brevs.

I wonder if you guys use any substrate? I use Eco earth. I think before the Eco earth they did use to smell. Can't remember though.

before eco earth my crickets stunk to all hell. I use it on the bottom of the cricket tanks. keeps the smell down. In fact i really don't smelll them now

I m starting a cricket colony tomorrow. I have just paper towels for the bottom, I got a few egg garton pieces and toilet paper rolls. I have water crystals and a gutload that I blended together. I also have a empty koolwhip tub in there full of damp dirt. Should I put a heat source? And will they lay eggs in the koolwhip tub?

Back
Top Bottom