Crickets

You only want to feed as much as they will eat on a small time frame, depending on their age. When they're young feed as much as they will eat. When they're about a year old they will slow down to every other day / every 3 or so days for a female. It's not recommended to leave uneaten crickets in the enclosure as they could bite the chameleon.

What do you mean you have them in a clear box at the bottom of the cage? Are you using the box to feed out of or to store the crickets full time? Either way I wouldn't feed the chameleon from the bottom of the enclosure, nor store the bugs there.

You only want to feed as much as they will eat on a small time frame, depending on their age. When they're young feed as much as they will eat. When they're about a year old they will slow down to every other day / every 3 or so days for a female. It's not recommended to leave uneaten crickets in the enclosure as they could bite the chameleon.

What do you mean you have them in a clear box at the bottom of the cage? Are you using the box to feed out of or to store the crickets full time? Either way I wouldn't feed the chameleon from the bottom of the enclosure, nor store the bugs there.
Yeah so I bought like a small plastic terrarium for like a spider or frog and I gut load my crickets in there and lean to top open for him to get in and eat

Yeah so I bought like a small plastic terrarium for like a spider or frog and I gut load my crickets in there and lean to top open for him to get in and eat
Best to take the crickets out to feed him. I always feed towards the top of the enclosure. I've never heard of anyone using this method. Just for safety and bc they can be escape artists, I would not keep the crickets in the enclosure.

No no I just left them in there for like an hour and took them back out, it’s not my preferred method lol but I’m just waiting on the “shooting gallery” feeder

Hi and welcome adding variety is good. My girl loves her locusts.
Screenshot_20200820-133907_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom