CRICKETS!!

Brentholey

Established Member
So I ordered 560 crickets from a website. 500-1/2” & 60-1” crickets, and 4 egg flats. But I meant to order the 500-1/2” & 60- 3/4”. So I decided to call the supplier and see if I could catch them before they shipped and get it changed, 1” & 3/4” are the same price. They told me no problem, and told me they took care of it. So I’ve been waiting to get these crickets for 2 days now. I got the crickets today and picked them up from fed ex. I had 2 boxes which I thought was weird but just figured they sent the egg flats separate from the crickets. It turns out they sent two orders by mistake. All together I received 8 egg flats, 1000 1/2” crickets, 60 1” crickets, & 60 3/4” crickets all for the price of the one order! I hope Opie is hungry lol I have a lot of crickets now.

So I ordered 560 crickets from a website. 500-1/2” & 60-1” crickets, and 4 egg flats. But I meant to order the 500-1/2” & 60- 3/4”. So I decided to call the supplier and see if I could catch them before they shipped and get it changed, 1” & 3/4” are the same price. They told me no problem, and told me they took care of it. So I’ve been waiting to get these crickets for 2 days now. I got the crickets today and picked them up from fed ex. I had 2 boxes which I thought was weird but just figured they sent the egg flats separate from the crickets. It turns out they sent two orders by mistake. All together I received 8 egg flats, 1000 1/2” crickets, 60 1” crickets, & 60 3/4” crickets all for the price of the one order! I hope Opie is hungry lol I have a lot of crickets now.
LOL I hope you have one really large plastic tote for them!

Oooo no!! The first time I ordered crickets online there was a trick in the system and I ended up with 2000 crickets. When they came in my sister opened one of the boxes :banghead: we had crickets running around the house for a few weeks. Loved sleeping in bed with those loud mofos

@Beman i split them up into 3 totes. My plan was to let the larger ones breed, I have egg bins for them to lay in and I wanted to try to incubate them. But I’m not sure I’ll need any more for a while now!

@Beman i split them up into 3 totes. My plan was to let the larger ones breed, I have egg bins for them to lay in and I wanted to try to incubate them. But I’m not sure I’ll need any more for a while now!
Good job! How is your cham doing? Been a few weeks now correct?

@JoXie411 these came with a warning label lol I only lost one and I was able to catch it. I’m getting used to running around after crickets.
image.jpg

Good job! How is your cham doing? Been a few weeks now correct?
Yes it’s been two weeks. He is doing good! It’s been up and down in progress as far as him being social. One day he’s comfortable with me the next I can’t even come near his cage. He hates the hand mister. And will only eat crickets still. He watches silkworms like he’s watching a tv or something but won’t eat them
E89D2698-DC2C-42A5-8219-BE40CA5268D1.jpeg
lol He’s close to double the size he was 2 weeks ago and finished his first shed yesterday it took him 2 days.

Yes it’s been two weeks. He is doing good! It’s been up and down in progress as far as him being social. One day he’s comfortable with me the next I can’t even come near his cage. He hates the hand mister. And will only eat crickets still. He watches silkworms like he’s watching a tv or something but won’t eat them View attachment 245156lol He’s close to double the size he was 2 weeks ago and finished his first shed yesterday it took him 2 days.
Yeah Beman hated the hand mister too. He was about 4 months old when I got him. But once I got the mistking he loved that. He will just sit in the mist. They grow so crazy fast at first. He looks like he is shedding very cleanly too. That is good!

Yeah Beman hated the hand mister too. He was about 4 months old when I got him. But once I got the mistking he loved that. He will just sit in the mist. They grow so crazy fast at first. He looks like he is shedding very cleanly too. That is good!
I’m going for a ro unit next then the mist king after that. It never occurred to me that this hobby would be so expensive. I have to limit my self to getting one or two things at a time or I’ll go broke! But it’s worth it I really would like to go bioactive eventually.

I’m going for a ro unit next then the mist king after that. It never occurred to me that this hobby would be so expensive. I have to limit my self to getting one or two things at a time or I’ll go broke! But it’s worth it I really would like to go bioactive eventually.
when your ready let us know and we will tag in bio active members for you. It is a reallyyyyyyy expensive hobby. I choke a little every time I think of how much money I have put in lol. But it is an amazing hobby. Always challenging and always new stuff to learn. :)

Back
Top Bottom