Crickets VS Phoenix worms

Robyrango

Fender, a 8m old panther is in my care since he was 3m old and been feed only crickets.. Looks like I'm not the only one getting tired of them as he stopped eating crix a month ago. I got some silkworms and super. He loves silkies and not liking the superworms at all. My question is can I feed him only silkworms and Phoenix?

A wide as possible diet is best.
I havnt used them, but I know others do.
If you are supplementing with other things from time to time, you could use those as staples, I believe, if you kept it mostly silkies.

A wide as possible diet is best.
I havnt used them, but I know others do.
If you are supplementing with other things from time to time, you could use those as staples, I believe, if you kept it mostly silkies.

Planning to use silkies as staples, but they don't get any gutloading or dusting, so I was thinking of some other worm to use.. Not going back to crickets, and forget about roaches!:p
I want to make a variety of.. Worms! I thought super worms where
the alternative but Fender doesn't eat them..

Why forget about roaches? I was super creeped out by them at first like nightmares that the roach bin dumped over and they took over my house freaked out LOL.

But then I got them and got used to them and now I can just grab a couple with my hand and put them in a cup to feed. No climbing out of the feeder cups, no smelling bad even though there are hundreds in the bin, NO JUMPING!! Think you can maybe learn to love them too? They'd really be a great staple for your anti cricket/superworm Cham. P.S. Dubia are EASY EASY to gutload and seriously DO NOT DIE off like crickets do.

Why forget about roaches? I was super creeped out by them at first like nightmares that the roach bin dumped over and they took over my house freaked out LOL.

But then I got them and got used to them and now I can just grab a couple with my hand and put them in a cup to feed. No climbing out of the feeder cups, no smelling bad even though there are hundreds in the bin, NO JUMPING!! Think you can maybe learn to love them too? They'd really be a great staple for your anti cricket/superworm Cham. P.S. Dubia are EASY EASY to gutload and seriously DO NOT DIE off like crickets do.

I will fully second this.
The large ones creeped me out at first, but now even those dont bother me;)

But then u buy a colony of like 600+ dubias and the lil b*stard won't touch 'em!! (I'll break him, and if I don't I'll just breed and sell them off!!) ;)

But then u buy a colony of like 600+ dubias and the lil b*stard won't touch 'em!! (I'll break him, and if I don't I'll just breed and sell them off!!) ;)

This is a very good point.
My guys LOVE them, but others have reported quite the opposite.
You may want to start with a small amount.
There were a few post on dubia yesterday where a lot of information on them was given.
You might check them out if youd like to learn more;)

But then u buy a colony of like 600+ dubias and the lil b*stard won't touch 'em!! (I'll break him, and if I don't I'll just breed and sell them
No way I would buy such a big quantity when it comes to new feeders! If he doesn't eat them I might have to!;)

I bought a few to begin with and he ate some of the smaller ones when he was younger. I might have scared him off by placing one that was too big. I'll break him! :)

Back
Top Bottom