Crickets or silkworms?

pantherchamlove36

Established Member
I been feeding my panther chameleon female silkworms for the last 3 days is that ok? Should i dust them with calcium? Or go back to crickets dusted with calcium?

I been feeding my panther chameleon female silkworms for the last 3 days is that ok? Should i dust them with calcium? Or go back to crickets dusted with calcium?
Any feeder you use should be properly supplemented every time. The only feeder you can get away with not supplementing is BSFL due to their calcium levels.

Every time you feed your chameleon you should be dusting with calcium (without D3) and then dust with a multivitamin once every two weeks. And you should feed a variety of feeders to your chameleon so that it gets a whole wide range of much needed nutrients. Picture eating a plain hamburger every day, it will keep you alive but it won’t give you all the nutrients your body needs to thrive & build a strong immune system. I personally use silkworms as a staple feeder, along with dubia roaches grasshoppers crickets and black soldier fly larva and as treats, I give hornworms and super worms (around one or two a month). Gutloading feeders with fresh vegis is also very important for your chameleon’s overall health. Hope this helps 🤙

I have caught crickets and grasshoppers to my female veiled and she loves them. She then laid 47 eggs

Attachments

• IMG_20220619_104521_01.jpg
    IMG_20220619_104521_01.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 64
Every time you feed your chameleon you should be dusting with calcium (without D3) and then dust with a multivitamin once every two weeks. And you should feed a variety of feeders to your chameleon so that it gets a whole wide range of much needed nutrients. Picture eating a plain hamburger every day, it will keep you alive but it won’t give you all the nutrients your body needs to thrive & build a strong immune system. I personally use silkworms as a staple feeder, along with dubia roaches grasshoppers crickets and black soldier fly larva and as treats, I give hornworms and super worms (around one or two a month). Gutloading feeders with fresh vegis is also very important for your chameleon’s overall health. Hope this helps 🤙
Thanks so much this is useful
How much calcium do silkworms have? Also what do y'all think of arcadia earth pro A? Its what I dust my feeders with

Also what do y'all think of arcadia earth pro A? Its what I dust my feeders with
EP-A is a calcium without D3. They have other water soluble vitamins that they mix in with it. It is equivalent to any other calcium without D3 product and is typically used the same way. Unless you are using the other Arcadia supplements. You still have to provide a multivitamin with EP-A.

Back
Top Bottom