Crickets/millworms

ALLIEGATOR

Millie has been doing great with crickets. We decided to give her a variety adding wax worms, milk worms to her diet, she seemed to have an upset belly. Turned yellow and just seemed down. This morning, millie must have puked up the wax worms. But shes feeling much better

When you say milk worms , do you mean silk worms (white) or mealworms (light yellow)?

CHEERS!

Nick

Wax worms are known to cause allergic reactions in some chameleons.

And mealworms offer no nutritional value, with the added detriment of being difficult to digest and causing compaction in some cases. I would stop feeding either of those and choose healthier options - especially because she seems to be reacting adversely

I totally agree. It's so hard to get accurate information. Glad I joined this forum to get expert knowledge. What other insects would you recommend

I totally agree. It's so hard to get accurate information. Glad I joined this forum to get expert knowledge. What other insects would you recommend

Glad you found us, too! Other options to consider: silkworms, hornworms, dubia roaches, orange head roaches, red runner roaches, black soldier fly larvae, black soldier flies, blue bottle flies, and superworms (only as a treat, though for the superworms)

You can order them online. There are some site sponsors that sell them as well as other places like Rainbowmealworms.com. Their Phoenix worms are Black Soldier fly larvae. If you want to try silks. @Spyro88 sells them :)
Here is some helpful info as well.
Gutloading 101.jpeg
Basic Feeder pic.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom