Crickets in Bulk?

Ben0918

i have never bought crickets online but only at my local pet store. because I have multiple reptiles now it's starting to get pricey. is buying online reliable as in will i get most of them alive and is it worth the money? also where is the best deal for 500-1000ct 1/2" crickets? Thanks!

Yes it is very reliable, as long as the weather isn't really hot or really cold. I get 1000 a week, I cant even rely On the pet store to have enough crickets for just a couple days worth. Just make sure youhave a large enough container for them. I use a very large plastic tote, 3/4 of the way up I use clear packing tape all the way around to stop them from climbing out. I don't even use a lid, there needs to be enough room nd enough air circulation, or else you have higher die off.

Yes it is very reliable, as long as the weather isn't really hot or really cold. I get 1000 a week, I cant even rely On the pet store to have enough crickets for just a couple days worth. Just make sure youhave a large enough container for them. I use a very large plastic tote, 3/4 of the way up I use clear packing tape all the way around to stop them from climbing out. I don't even use a lid, there needs to be enough room nd enough air circulation, or else you have higher die off.

Yes, I found out (the hard way) temperature is of essence, I have a dedicated lamp (red heat lamp) that keeps them at 85º, clean them twice a week for any dead and poo. Hydration is vital, as they eat and drink a lot.

I offer them greens but make sure I take any leftover food because mold will easily kill them.

For hydration I use water crystals and keep them with plenty of air by cutting a big hole and gluing a screen on the lid.

Also if you buy a 1000 buy them young like 1/4. The very first time I bought winged adults and it was very depressing to see so many of them dying at a higher rate.

I only have one adult, two juveniles and one baby to feed, the two frogs hardly eat at all maybe like four a day.

I buy from http://www.reptilerealms.com their crickets are healthy and active. They dont't stink as much. I also buy the gutload, eggcrates, worms, dubias and water crystals from them.

Before each trip to the petstore was $20.00 to last me about a week. Now with proper care the 1000 would last me a month! Yes there are crickets everywhere, lol. Even my dogs have fun chasing one or two that jump.:)

Thank you! yeah me too i'm spending about $25 a week on crickets! ok i'll check out that website too, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom