Crickets go EVERYWHERE

Clayton0520

Avid Member
So I built a feeder cup that I found online ( a 3” pvc pipe cut in half with a cap on one end ) but my little guy doesn’t seem to find it. He does seem to find his crickets roaming around his cage. I can’t keep them in the feeder cup, most of them crawl out and roam around his cage until he finds them. So my question is, is this normal? Do your feeders crawl out and your chameleon eventually finds them and eats them? I’m loosing about 1/3 of my feeders to falling on the floor where my little guy can’t get to them. Which is good because I don’t want him eating a cricket that’s been crawling around on the floor where he poops and pees. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and gals!!

So I built a feeder cup that I found online ( a 3” pvc pipe cut in half with a cap on one end ) but my little guy doesn’t seem to find it. He does seem to find his crickets roaming around his cage. I can’t keep them in the feeder cup, most of them crawl out and roam around his cage until he finds them. So my question is, is this normal? Do your feeders crawl out and your chameleon eventually finds them and eats them? I’m loosing about 1/3 of my feeders to falling on the floor where my little guy can’t get to them. Which is good because I don’t want him eating a cricket that’s been crawling around on the floor where he poops and pees. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and gals!!
I use to break the cricket legs then put it in the cups...thats if u dont mind the extra works.

If u have an adult cham...I will suggest the deeper size feeder cup since their tongue will be shooting out in a distance range...so it wont develop a tongue malfunction in the future which means only shoot out in half way distance on their tongue muscle

Most of mine stay in the feeder, since I have a juvenile and I'm feeding smaller crickets still, but some do jump out. Luckily, he's hunts them down. Some get out of the cage somehow, but my cat gets those usually, he's loose bug control., lol.

The hind legs could be sharp...so plz be careful..and its less chance for ur cham to get cut in his gum n leads to mouth rot.
Whenever I would hand feed My veiled, he would smack em so hard 90% of the time, Id be stuck with a leg (or 2 sometimes) between my fingers. Cant make noise without those legs either lol

Whenever I would hand feed My veiled, he would smack em so hard 90% of the time, Id be stuck with a leg (or 2 sometimes) between my fingers. Cant make noise without those legs either lol

Wait, it doesnt come 100% from the wings? I thought the old rubbing legs thing was a myth.

Most of mine stay in the feeder, since I have a juvenile and I'm feeding smaller crickets still, but some do jump out. Luckily, he's hunts them down. Some get out of the cage somehow, but my cat gets those usually, he's loose bug control., lol.

Our cats nickname is cricket muncher, I could let out 20 of the annoying things and he will eat every single one. Lol

i hate when i go to grab one and i accidentally take their leg off.. makes me sad lol

i just let mine hunt hers. she finds every single one and it gets her moving. they usually climb to the top of the cage too

Sounds that When I feeding my ownself with KFC chicken breast n thigh...legs will always be the last part to get to....
I WOULD DEFINITELY REGULATE FOR THAT SHARP CRUNCHNESS CUISINE (LEG) AND KEEP AS MY TORTURE TROPHY IN A GLASS JAR AND SHOW THEM TO THE NEXT GANG OF CRICKETS FOR THEIR ATTEMPTING JUMPING AND ESCPAPE PUNISHMENT.:cool:

Sounds that When I feeding my ownself with KFC chicken breast n thigh...legs will be the last part to get to....
I WOULD DEFINITELY REGULATE FOR THAT SHARP CRUNCHNESS CUISINE (LEG) AND KEEP AS MY TORTURE TROPHY IN A GLASS JAR AND SHOW THEM TO THE NEXT GANG OF CRICKETS FOR THEIR ATTEMPTING JUMPING AND ESCPAPE PUNISHMENT.:cool:

:oops:

Sounds that When I feeding my ownself with KFC chicken breast n thigh...legs will always be the last part to get to....
I should do that... hm.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: good way to intimidate them thangs

Back
Top Bottom