Crickets and ants

PoseidonTheChameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
My crickets were delivered and somehow ants got in the box and killed most of them. I was able to save some but the idea crossed my mind that they might have venom in their bodies, is there a chance I can still feed them off until my new crickets arrive?

My crickets were delivered and somehow ants got in the box and killed most of them. I was able to save some but the idea crossed my mind that they might have venom in their bodies, is there a chance I can still feed them off until my new crickets arrive?

Ugh...I guess there are worse things than keeping live crickets. Crickets with a side helping of ants. Sorry this happened to you. I vote for burn it all and never look back, get a refund from the company if you can.

Ugh...I guess there are worse things than keeping live crickets. Crickets with a side helping of ants. Sorry this happened to you. I vote for burn it all and never look back, get a refund from the company if you can.
American Horror Story Burn GIF by AHS

They are sending me new ones. I am leaving a note for the delivery guy to place the box on something instead of the ground. They are from rainbow mealworms who I have never before ordered from but I have heard good things about them. They had no problem sending me more.

I would think it would depend on the ants.... But I dunno. I over react when it comes to feeders and my response would be to toss them since they were contaminated with the ants in the first place. But like I said I tend to over react with what he eats. lol I will tag some people for you.
@jamest0o0 @Kaizen @Alycia
Thank you, my new ones should be here tomorrow so I think I'll toss them. He just didn't get to eat today 😬😂 it makes me nervous missing a day of feeding bc hes so small compared to a normal one year old male lol.

If you tend to have the same delivery person they will remember you and take the extra effort to keep boxes that say “ live feeders” and such off the ground. Best bet is to track the package on delivery day so they won’t be outside long. Other option is local pickup at post office or depot.

Ants will find stuff FAST!!!

If you tend to have the same delivery person they will remember you and take the extra effort to keep boxes that say “ live feeders” and such off the ground. Best bet is to track the package on delivery day so they won’t be outside long. Other option is local pickup at post office or depot.

Ants will find stuff FAST!!!
Well I had someone at home who was supposed to watch for them, but as you can guess, he was distracted and didnt know they were outside 🙄

I'm actually not sure what to do with them, would it hurt to through them out side , far away from my house?
Don't throw them outside. You do not want to introduce them to your environment, that is how we get invasive animals and bugs. Put an add on craigslist someone may want them for their chickens or something. Or just kill them off... Not hard at all in a cold freezer.

Don't throw them outside. You do not want to introduce them to your environment, that is how we get invasive animals and bugs. Put an add on craigslist someone may want them for their chickens or something. Or just kill them off... Not hard at all in a cold freezer.
There just normal crickets, Florida has them everywhere. I'm sure they will be eaten by different animals before tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom