Cricket versus baby ambilobe

Lancecham

The size of the adult black crickets are amazing. So I couldn't resist taking this pic for comparison purposes. This ambilobe is not a new born, it is a 2 month old that is easily 4 inches in length.
The question is: Who is going to eat who?
Hope you enjoy.
Lance

Last edited:
That is one scary looking cricket! Lil cham is sooo cute but poor guy is probably wondering if that super big cricket is gonna eat him :eek: I think I'll stick to brown crickets thank you :D

haha....i bet the cricket is telling the baby cham...."paybacks a b****":eek:
damn...these crix are nearly indesructable... but they make great feeders for the not so tiny chams

pretty dope comparison Lance:cool:

I haven't been bit by the black cricket yet and do handle them daily. My adult chams and beardies love them.

I haven't been bit by the black cricket yet and do handle them daily. My adult chams and beardies love them.

Where can you find black crickets? Do they stink like the brown ones? Have you tried to breed them? I wanted to try some black ones, because they are so much bigger.

Cool pic Lance! i've yet to see one of these monsters in person. the local shops seem to be on regular crix yet. maybe it's just a matter of time until everyone switches over..

Gee Lance that baby looks like it is scared half to death. Poor little guy, you need to send him to me for some R&R.

I havent been bitten by one of these yet, but lately all my supers have been getting my cuticles! It's a rather unpleasant surprise to have a stupid bug that's throwing up on you rear its mighty head back and go in for the kill!!! :mad:

Where can you find black crickets? Do they stink like the brown ones? Have you tried to breed them? I wanted to try some black ones, because they are so much bigger.

The guy on faunaclassifieds who sells 1000 mealies for $5 sells them.

Is this like the herp version of man vs. food?
From what I've heard of those black crickets, the smart money's on the cricket!

Back
Top Bottom