Cricket size?

Jackson14

I noticed my Jackson will eat the smaller crickets some, but when a put a very large cricket in front of him he runs towards it. He loves the large crickets better than the small. Can the size of these hurt him?

I noticed my Jackson will eat the smaller crickets some, but when a put a very large cricket in front of him he runs towards it. He loves the large crickets better than the small. Can the size of these hurt him?

as long as the length of the crix are not exceeding the width of his mouth..my lil male panther has just started graduating to the larger ones..i let him take a few small ones for every one big one he gets..you just dont want them to eat one huge one at a time because it can cause problems like prolapse...but if he is going for the larger ones maybe its time for him to graduate to large food items..just monitor him while he swallows them, if they go down fast an easy its the right size..

Yeah I've always stood there to watch and make sure he doesn't have any trouble eating them. It takes a couple more chews for him but he really loves the big ones better.

Back
Top Bottom