cricket size

at 3 months you are probably going to use 1-2 week old crickets. Some people say the rule of thumb on cricket size is if the cricket would fit between your Chams eyes then it's ok any longer than that is too big

I was wondering about cricket size too...the Petsmart person told me they were feeding my juvenile male 7 large crickets. I feel like the large are so large! So when you say the cricket would fit between the eyes of the chameleon, you mean the length of the cricket or the width?

The width, you don't want food items to be wider than the space between their eyes. If it were length we'd all be feeding baby worms to everyone forever!

I would say it depends on the size of your baby. I've seen some enormous 3 month old panthers and others that were very tiny. But in general my babies that age have all eaten 1/2" crickets or roaches.

The width, you don't want food items to be wider than the space between their eyes. If it were length we'd all be feeding baby worms to everyone forever!

I would say it depends on the size of your baby. I've seen some enormous 3 month old panthers and others that were very tiny. But in general my babies that age have all eaten 1/2" crickets or roaches.

Oh, duh, I guess that was kind of common sense. :p
I was using large crickets, but they seemed so big for him! So, I switched to small, which probably seem like snack size to him! I gave him a few superworms today and he seemed to love those.

Back
Top Bottom