Cricket question

andy27012

i was wondering how long everyone chills there crickets to slow them down? Do you guys put them in the freezer or fridge? I stuck an order of 500 in the freezer for five minutes or so and lost half of them. I have an additional 500 on the way and really dont want to lose as many this time around.

i was wondering how long everyone chills there crickets to slow them down? Do you guys put them in the freezer or fridge? I stuck an order of 500 in the freezer for five minutes or so and lost half of them. I have an additional 500 on the way and really dont want to lose as many this time around.
I dont cool mine at all. I buy 500 at a time and have them in an old 20 gallon tank in my garage. I actually put a small heat mat in there because i was losing so many due to the cold.

I only chill them upon arrival to make them easier to transfer to the container I keep them in. Once they are in there home I keep them under a heat lamp. From what I have read online 10 minutes in the fridge is enough but should not hurt them.

I order 2,000 at a time and never chill to transfer ,I have 2 large plastic containers and put half in each one,,, they tend to eat each other if too many in one container

If you are putting them into the freezer to cool them down I honestly would only put them in for 30 seconds to 1 minute at most, 5 minutes is way too long, it's not surprising you lost so many.

Andy,

Dump the box into a plastic trash bag, then dump the crickets out of the plastic trash bag into your cricket container.

CHEERS!

Nick

Back
Top Bottom