Cricket pen ideas

ChamDur

Hey guys. This forum has been a great help to me. I might not be able to reply during my school hours but I will reply when I get back. I have about 2 hours until school starts. I have heard a lot of people say not to use the cricket keepers. Does anyone have any ideas of how to build your own keeper? Thanks!

Hey guys. This forum has been a great help to me. I might not be able to reply during my school hours but I will reply when I get back. I have about 2 hours until school starts. I have heard a lot of people say not to use the cricket keepers. Does anyone have any ideas of how to build your own keeper? Thanks!
Get a big storage bin, cut a hole in the top and hot glue screen over it. I’m using this one for my red runner roaches, but it’s the same thing (pardon the mess- I’m rearranging the chameleon room!).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 134
Sweet, I could do that. And I also need to add cardboard in it right? It's just my main concern with that is how do you get out the crickets?

Sweet, I could do that. And I also need to add cardboard in it right? It's just my main concern with that is how do you get out the crickets?
Use egg crate (ones that are brand new!), you shake the egg crate off on the side of the bin either into a dusting container or onto the bin’s floor and grab them (preferably with tweezers) from the bin’s floor or directly off the egg crate.

Don’t forget to add gutload and a water source (whether it be a cricket waterer, water soaked cotton balls, or water gel/crystals)

Use egg crate (ones that are brand new!), you shake the egg crate off on the side of the bin either into a dusting container or onto the bin’s floor and grab them (preferably with tweezers) from the bin’s floor or directly off the egg crate.
Thank you do much. You have been such a big help to me!:D

I use a storage bin. I cut tiny holes in the top, they cant get out. I use toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls for them to get in. when I put the crickets in her tank, I don't have to touch them. I just grab the rolls and shake them in her tank. I have a small lid to a tuberware bowl in there that I put the fruits and veggies on. with a small sponge for water.
i'm no expert obviously lol, but this has worked for me so far :)

I use a storage bin. I cut tiny holes in the top, they cant get out. I use toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls for them to get in. when I put the crickets in her tank, I don't have to touch them. I just grab the rolls and shake them in her tank. I have a small lid to a tuberware bowl in there that I put the fruits and veggies on. with a small sponge for water.
Nice. I think I have to go to the store now. That's a good idea. :)

Nice idea. I have to go to the store now. :)

Back
Top Bottom