Cricket housing

Zachariah0915

Hey guys! Quick question about how you guys house your crickets and the best methods you have found to keep most of them alive. I have a larger sized cricket keeper you would find at Petco and the thing has become nothing less than a pain I the butt. It is extremely difficult to pick all the dead crickets off the bottom and if I manage to leave some behind they begin to rot and permeate my entire room. All in all I'm looking for some possible homemade housing ideas that maybe you guys have tried using in the past or are currently using. Tips on keeping these suckers alive longer than a few days would be great too (that's Petco for ya). Thanks guys!

Hey guys! Quick question about how you guys house your crickets and the best methods you have found to keep most of them alive. I have a larger sized cricket keeper you would find at Petco and the thing has become nothing less than a pain I the butt. It is extremely difficult to pick all the dead crickets off the bottom and if I manage to leave some behind they begin to rot and permeate my entire room. All in all I'm looking for some possible homemade housing ideas that maybe you guys have tried using in the past or are currently using. Tips on keeping these suckers alive longer than a few days would be great too (that's Petco for ya). Thanks guys!

I just use large tupperware bins with box tape on the inside rim so they cant escape. Whenever I buy crickets, there seems to be lots of dieoff. The ones I breed at home are much more hardy. After about a week, you will have the more "hardy" survivors and I use them as a brood stock. I'll breed those for my own crickets.

Keep the crickets clean and dry. I find that when there's too much moisture, you will have dieoff. That's why I use no lids. Crickets just stink though.

I think a heating pad will do fine on a tupperwear because I use to own a snake in a large plastic tub and the heating pad didn't cause any damage

Back
Top Bottom