Cricket escape artist!

Jackson14

I have a container about the size of a gallon jug and it has a tight locking lid on it. When I come home all the time there are always like 5 or 6 that escape. Any ideas on this?:mad:

They are probably getting out of your enclosures if your cricket box is secure. Poor crickets... If they escape from my chameleons, they next have to avoid my cats and dogs. If I find em in the house I toss them in the yard because infigure they earned their freedom after that!

Yeah I hear ya. I have 3 dogs and they love to catch the escapees! The thing is I bought a box of 500 crickets and I haven't even used 100 yet so I think Ill just stick with getting crickets from the store in small quantities.

Do you have screen on your cricket container? If so is it metal or soft screen? If it's soft I would start inspecting it for small holes because they'll chew right through that stuff!

It is actually like a large square Tupperware container, but I drilled small holes in the lid to allow air flow..don't know if they can squeeze through that or what.
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom