Cricket enclosures

Vegas Chad

Avid Member
I have seen my fair share of cricket enclosures but I would like to see some more! What do yall use? I am getting a place with much more room so I am going to be building something much better than what I have now and that wont result in crickets all over the house… I don’t really feel like dealing with breeding the bugs now so I won’t need anything special for that. And also; those of you with large bug pens how do you keep them clean? I assume you have some quick and easy way to do it? Gime some good ideas! Thanks! :D

Ha...I have a ten gallon tank equipped with top of the line toilet paper tubes and egg carton pieces! :) I don't even have a top on it...but they don't escape--probably because they are small. I might have to upgrade to something a little bigger and more secure once I have to start feeding the big ones!

i now order 500 lg at a time and keep them in a 10gal with screen top works great for me and i only clean it every couple weeks. theres alot of poo on teh bottom but its not too bad i have to replace the cricket gel every week and food every other

Storage box with a square hole in each end, with screen hotglued to it, toilet paper tubes and paper towel tubes eggs crates,, the tubes make it easy to feed... shake them in and your done...a little dust and bam

Hey Chad!

I use these

http://armstrongcricket.com/polyk.htm

It's made out of industrial type plastic and the sides are scraped all around it so the crickets can climb the walls for breathing room besides the bottom. The top 4 inches of it are left slippery so that if the crickets jump they fall backwards into the bottom of the tub. They also include a screened lid. A little price, but worth it to keep crickets in the container.

Can someone come up with a cool DIY setup tha separates cricket poop from the crickets for easy cleanup please? I hate that chore. I was thinking about doing a setup similar to silkworms where there is a screen raised from the bottom so that waste drops through but not the crickets.

Can someone come up with a cool DIY setup tha separates cricket poop from the crickets for easy cleanup please? I hate that chore. I was thinking about doing a setup similar to silkworms where there is a screen raised from the bottom so that waste drops through but not the crickets.

For sure... That is what I am really looking for... However it might just be one of them things that must be done... :p

I like the tub that Mike has... 10gal tanks are a bit heavy and glass can break. the plastic tub you can kick around and send young helpers to move without worry of them breaking it. Wonder if the screen idea would work for cricks.... Hmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Chad,
I'll show you the way cricket bins were meant to be made when you come get that Nosy female... Mine will hold up to 6 or 7,000 adult crickets at a time (or you could downsize it), and they're cheap to make.

Back
Top Bottom