Cricket crack, sticky tongue farms, bug burger or...?

They are not really multi vitamins so to say but they work great. I have used cricket crack and also DinoFuel is another good one. I simply sprinkle it on the feeders food and they love the goodness. Both are great.

Does anybody really know much about what is in cricket crack as far a nutrition index? I hear it's great, but want to make sure there's not too much vitamin A if I use it with bug burger.

Yep, basically. Now I'm looking at dionfuel more than cricket crack. What are y'alls experience with it?

Yep, basically. Now I'm looking at dionfuel more than cricket crack. What are y'alls experience with it?

Dinofuel is the new cricket crack...:D Seriously, just sprinkle we veggies with it, dust directly or mix in any combination and done! Voila! :)

Dinofuel is the new cricket crack...:D Seriously, just sprinkle we veggies with it, dust directly or mix in any combination and done! Voila! :)

Agreed and also what is great about it is since it is already ground up its perfect to put in little 2oz cups tilted on egg crates perfect for the pinheads to access the great goodness.

Is DinoFuel really worth it? I mean, vs. Cricket Crack? For me the deciding factor is price point. I can get 1 LB of Cricket Crack for almost the same price of 3 oz of DinoFuel. I just don't see it being 5 times better to justify the price. Am I wrong??

CRICKET CRACK is where its at people, i havent used the other products cause I stick with the Cricket Crack buy it by the pound great price an your feeders love it like crack..

Well, my verru isn't really Multi-colored, so it's hard to tell. I know that others SWEAR by it... :)

Ok, so at this point I think I'm just going to get 3 oz of dinofuel raptor edition and 1 lb of cricket crack. They both seem to be about the same price, and I've heard similar reviews for both. My next question is; is kilgours the only one that sales dinofuel and is tiki tiki reptiles the only one that sales cricket crack? They're the only ones that I've seen for them so far.

I was just reading about some people who didn't have good reactions with the bug burger. I thought it was a for sure product and was about to buy 4 lbs. Should I hold off on the larger quantity or what?

I was just reading about some people who didn't have good reactions with the bug burger. I thought it was a for sure product and was about to buy 4 lbs. Should I hold off on the larger quantity or what?

How so? Their bugs didn't eat the bugburger or something else? My dubs/hissers/crix go crazy over it.

I have been using bug burger for some time now and have very healthy chams.
Also, the Kammer's, who have over 30 years of experience raising chams, did a 3 year study of this stuff and they now use and recommend it as the main gutload.

As far as I am concerned, thats good enough for me to continue using it :)

Have y'all noticed a difference in the advertised color brightening of dinofuel?

Color will vary with genetics and age. You can't expect a green bodied chameleon with little to no red pigmentation to turn bright red at 4 months of age. As long as you have your husbandry correct, you can expect red, yellow, blue, purple, green, and orange pigments to be enhanced by the rich ingredients in the DinoFuel. What makes the DinoFuel line different, is that the ingredients are 100% organic. Plus they have some of the most nutrient rich ingredients available. Some of the ingredients are known for their antibiotic, anti-fungal, anti-viral, and antioxidant properties. Some of the ingredients also have natural pigment enhancing properties. For example, marigold and spirulina. A diverse, healthy, organic, diet will directly play a role in your chameleon's health and appearance. Also, DinoFuel does not have any preservatives or mold inhibitors, yet it still has a 2 + year shelf life if kept refrigerated. You can simply put DinoFuel on a rinsed organic vegetable and feed it to your bugs. It is simple! :) Hope that helps clarify.

I have used all 3 and this is my opinion of them all..

Repashy "Bug Burger" : It is a good feeder food, but you should also gut load with fresh fruits and veggies. It is to be mixed with water to form a jelly, I believe this also helps with hydration of your feeders ( when using this I NEVER water my roaches or crickets). The 16oz pack lasted me well over 6 months feeding 1000 crickets. My B.dubias didn't take to it like I my crickets did, not sure why.

Kilgore's "Dino Fuel" : It is a good feeder food, but you should also gut load with fresh fruits and veggies . I have used both the Regular formula and the "Raptor" versions, sometimes mixing the 2 with Bug Burger. I did this out of pure laziness. Instead of having to feed 2-3 different items , I just fed one. My B.dubias seem to like this version better than just plain Bug Burger. In addition , they LOVE it dry or shaken on veggies and leafy greens. It seems to be Adobo for feeders, lol. It seems to make everything taste better. lol

Cricket Crack : It is a good feeder food, but you should also gut load with fresh fruits and veggies .Everything seems to like this, it similar to the DinoFuel. One thing I don't like about it is there is something that my roaches don't like. Not sure what it is . They will eat everything in the Cricket Crack aside for this rice-shell/Seed-husk item that they just don't like and the result is it being littered all over my roach bin's.

Hope this helps.

Ps: As far as the color enhancement of the Dino-Fuel, it's all subjective. I have not done any side-by-side tests with similar subjects in a controlled environment. But the 2 Panther Chams i had on this diet showed really nice vibrant coloring.

I use the sticky tongue supplements but I feed my crickets still with organic foods.

I dont think there really is a best they are all good and do what they are designed to do.

Back
Top Bottom