Cricket Care

Mkay. We have a giant Tupperware bin that I can switch to. And I'll DEFINITELY try out the soaked cotton balls. I've been looking for different hydrating methods and this looks like the one! I'll also switch to greens for the gut loading. Thanks for all the info!! (y)đź’š
Make sure you change out the cotton balls daily and use more than just greens (though they need to be the main part) for gutlaod. Here’s the updated version of the gutload chart

Attachments

• chameleon-gutload 2.jpg
    chameleon-gutload 2.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 71
Talked to Father about the cricket enclosure and gutload. He said we'll set up the enclosure the next time we get crickets. I told him about buying from else where and he said maybe. It is cheaper online than in stores, right?

Talked to Father about the cricket enclosure and gutload. He said we'll set up the enclosure the next time we get crickets. I told him about buying from else where and he said maybe. It is cheaper online than in stores, right?
Depends on the site, but usually, and they’re healthier, too!

Mhmm! So, what methods should I use to hydrate them? My science teacher suggested using carrots? She said the crickets can get hydrated from the carrots.

they need to be kept warm , somewhere in the mid 80 .
they also need good ventilation , they do live short lives once they are adults so it could be that to !

I think temp is less important than good ventilation and hydration.
My house sits at 72°f right now.
Not only are my crickets thriving. But i have eggs hatching with no added heat at room temp.
The adult crickets are kept in a tote with no lid.
Fresh food and water daily. Egg cartons for hiding.
Cleaned every 3-4 days.

I just treat them like any other of my pets theybare actually pretty fun to watch and I love the chirping in the dead of winter. Reminds me of summertime.

Back
Top Bottom