Cricket breeding.

jade4321

Can anyone give me a good answer on how to breed crickets? Its getting expensive and I have have looked at it must have been ten different websites and videos about breeding crickets...... I just need to know, do I need to move the adult crickets from one cage to another after the lay eggs? Or can I just leave them in there with the nymphs?
Any answer would be most apreciated.

Jade~

The people I know all either move the eggs or the adults. That is all I can offer, after multiple try's I couldn't breed a cricket if I were starving.:(

Lol I have set my mind to it FOUR times. I was very serious EACH time.
Ive never had eggs hatch. I have over 500 eggs sitting right now. They have been in the dirt for over a week now.:mad:So about to give up on them.
I have also read that you should seperate them, as the adults will eat them.
For what its worth:rolleyes:I put females in a large bin with a layer of dirt on bottom this last time, and just cycled different females through it for a few days. Then I took out all the females. I liked this method best for getting them to lay. I can get them to lay no matter what though ;/
Hatching I still dont know:p

Thanks for all these great posts!! I am MOST apreciative! :)
Oh and Solid snake, even though im the one asking the question about crickets, i still need to ask you something, do you use dirt with the fertilizer beeds, if you do that can kill eggs, and also keep the dirt wet is a must, the eggs with dry out and die from that too. :)

I simply place some sort of box with dirt with the adults and cover the box with mesh so they don´t eat the eggs.
After a few days i move the box/es to a bigger container whichh stands on a heatmat and spread the dirt on it´s ground.
It always takes a few weeks for them to hatch and i do not know the temperatures but it usually works out fine.
I spray the dirt with water once per day.

Lol I have set my mind to it FOUR times. I was very serious EACH time.
Ive never had eggs hatch. I have over 500 eggs sitting right now. They have been in the dirt for over a week now.:mad:So about to give up on them.
I have also read that you should seperate them, as the adults will eat them.
For what its worth:rolleyes:I put females in a large bin with a layer of dirt on bottom this last time, and just cycled different females through it for a few days. Then I took out all the females. I liked this method best for getting them to lay. I can get them to lay no matter what though ;/
Hatching I still dont know:p

It took closer to 2 weeks for mine I believe read up on my link!

Back
Top Bottom