Cricket breeding

Ghostbirb

Chameleon Enthusiast
So recently it tried starting my own cricket colony. But after a few weeks they have all died off. I’ve been giving them water and mustard greens to eat. My only guess is maybe it’s to hot for them? Though the good thing is that one cricket did lay eggs and now I do have some baby’s.

Anyone have advice on how to stop the adults from dying

I gave that a go once. No success and gave up after how bad they smell.

I might try dubias though. They're super easy to keep alive with all kinds of veggies, though I don't know about breeding. A lot of people tell me they're a better nutrition for chams. Unlike crickets they don't have that stank.

With all those mustard greens they’re sure to create a lot of mustard gas which can be mildly unpleasant to breath in. How is your ventilation in the bin? A picture?

On the other topic of bug breeding, I got baby roaches :D
662DE98A-C75E-44B3-80EE-8B1F92956554.jpeg

Oh wow. Sometimes I've seen some tiny fuzzy looking larva appear with my roaches. I always assumed those were baby roaches, but they look nothing like the babies in your pic. I wonder what the heck they are.

Oh wow. Sometimes I've seen some tiny fuzzy looking larva appear with my roaches. I always assumed those were baby roaches, but they look nothing like the babies in your pic. I wonder what the heck they are.
Larva of some kind of Dermestid beetle. They are good additions to many bug colonies, as they eat/decompose/recycle dead insects.

Back
Top Bottom