Cricket Breeding Tips

Bio123

I'm attempting to breed crickets. I know how to breed them, but I want to know how to breed them more efficiently. I took gatorade bottles and cut about 1 1/2 in from the bottom. Then I packed soil into these 1 1/2 in dishes and set them in my cricket tub. I have about 75+ eggs right now. I don't have a 10 gallon aquarium, or a large tub for the pinheads. Does anyone know a good common house hold item that I can use for a baby cricket container until they get big enough to join my full grown cricket bin? Thanks for your help.:)

I don't know how to cover the bucket so crickets won't get out. My parents will freak out if they see a cricket out of it's bin. Any suggestions?

you could get a big rubbermaid bin and cut come holes in it and cover the hole siwth mesh screen.

I don't know how to cover the bucket so crickets won't get out. My parents will freak out if they see a cricket out of it's bin. Any suggestions?

I guarantee a cricket will get out of the bucket or tub. If you are worried about escaping crickets maybe you should breed roaches. They dont smell like crix and they dont jump. I believe only males can fly but I dont even think they can take flight off the ground. I believe they have to be high up and then they kind of glide. Not 100 percent on that though.

A tall bucket works a billion times better than a rubbermaid container. This is all my experience of course ;)

Use film tape and surround atleast 5 inches in height over where the eggflates reach.

Keep them at a constant 90 degrees with lights on 24/7 and plenty of juicey fruits. Tiny pieces of anything wet.

If you want them to grow fast feed them dry grounded up dog/cat food... and offer them a variety of fresh fruits and veggies such as:

Melon
Orange
Strawberry
Grape
Lettuce
Kale
Sweet potato
Squash
Apple

If you're a freak and want to be 110% positive that you'll have NO escapees use the deli cup method I showed in my video above.

500-1,000 pinheads in each 32 oz. delip cup container with a piece of eggflate shoved in it works amazingly. It's just a pain if you hatch a billion like me. I became lazy and started using the tall bucket!! I was getting tired of filling up dozens of cups!

Thanks for the great ideas! If my mom even hears of the word cockroach, she'll throw me out of the house. I personally am an insect freak, but my parents have a line that I can't cross. I have a small tupperware container ( 12x5x3 in.) in which I keep pinheads for my baby anole. The only problem is that i'm not sure if baby crix can climb up plastic walls.

Something I forgot to add...the tupperware container has it's top cut out and sealed with aluminum charcoal mesh.

Back
Top Bottom