Cricket bites? I hope not...

Lathis

Chameleon Enthusiast
My Jackson's chameleon Ferdinand has developed a few black spots right on the tips of his spinal ridges. It can't be a burn since I have the lights elevated off the screen.

Do that sound like cricket bites?

I tong feed in the AM and then let two crickets free range in the cage for him to hunt down. He is usually pretty good about catching the loose ones, but last night I know there was a loose cricket still in the cage (chirping).

Did that little bugger bite my baby? I put a bit of Neosporin on it. Anything else I should do?

...besides enact the awesome revenge of Lathis, the Great Pink Faced God, Feeder of Crickets and Bringer of Rain, upon the guilty?

I can't figure out how to upload photos from my phone (Lathis's mighty powers apparently do not extend to control of modern technology), but I will try to log onto the laptop shortly.

Here we go.

You can just see the little black marks right on the tips of his spinal ridge near the neck.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374711148090.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374711148090.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 200
Large crickets certainly do bite. That's why I advise cup feeding so they ere not loose in viv. However sometimes a loose one can't be helped. Neosporin is fine but I would keep a close eye on areas as they can cause a nasty abscess?

I hesitated to post an update on this...but maybe my embarrassment will help a fellow new-ish keeper. The dark spots on my cham's dorsal ridges have indeed cleared up. It was dirt. I'm an idiot.

I coined the term "hypochamdriac" a while back for moments just like these...

/facepalm

I hesitated to post an update on this...but maybe my embarrassment will help a fellow new-ish keeper. The dark spots on my cham's dorsal ridges have indeed cleared up. It was dirt. I'm an idiot.

I coined the term "hypochamdriac" a while back for moments just like these...

/facepalm

Lol! Well that is a good thing nonetheless, glad he is OK!

Me too! I just feel dumb. I worry about him so much. My husband laughs at all the time. :D

Back
Top Bottom