Crested Gecko fun XD

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I am trying to buy some very specific colors for my crested lineage I want to get into. I will only have like two breeding females and like only breed them once a year.It's because I like genetics too much. But I find one that shows so much promise right? But someone is only selling them in a group listing and doesn't want to ship. So to entice them into shipping I offer far more than they think and most of the gecko world would think the gecko itself is worth. But I am not interested in the current gecko perse, but the genes and base tones/colors and patterns it displays. So of course I am considered someone trying to scam... but I am offering installments, I have no desire to buy the gecko before I pay it off completely? And if I don't pay the monthly minimum I said they are welcome to keep my cash and sell it off... of course I guess it sounds too good to be true on the net? I am just so excited because she is one piece I really need. I have the one patternless, full pinstripe, high crests, gecko I need, and now I just need that female, one other, and one other male (preferably a moonglow super dal) but... I guess I value her genes more than most people would? Maybe people are just blind?

Do it if your heart desires it! Cresteds are awesome and there's so much untapped potential with morphs.

I will be likely spending lots of money on the correct color morphs I want and will also be reletively specific with parent genes as well... I have no issue spending 1200+ (as long as I can do payment plans currently) if they are good genes healthwise and have gorgeous parents and correct patterning/colors themselves... I chose cresteds to breed as a reptile for a very specific reason. Cresteds require higher care so it's less likely to find stupid people like they are with leos, their eggs are easy to incubate (require a similar closet method to panthers), and thought they require higher care they are still hardier than some other species of reptiles so they are more forgiving. They are one species of reptile that we have relatively down to science and do well in captivity in my opinion. I can't do it with chams because it's so easy to screw up with them and so many people refuse... some of the simplest things for them... it's hard to explain... I just have seen to many rescue chams that I can't rehab into a new home because of how bad they are, or ones I have to straight up put down. But yes I have taken in rescue Cresteds, but I don't think I have ever taken in one with serious health issues, usually it's just a rehoming necessity. I am sure there are a few out there who are neglected... but the prices I will have because of the morphs I will have will make the regular keeper not want them. But I'd still likely to sell them for less then they are worth, because I mostly am obsessed with their potential.

I really want a lavender cream morph with either a quad strip or full pinstripe, but I am not worried about getting it right away. I know where I can find them XD

The newest things are soft scales. I got to touch one at a show. They are quite pricey but they seem to bring out the colours in different morphs.

You won't find a moonglow anywhere as they don't exist. Very pale geckos are sometimes labelled as such but are just people trying to make a lot of money. My female is almost white when fired down but, fired up she's dark yellow/ochre.
20170801_183937.jpg

I think moonglows when fired up are supposed to be like a pale purple? Idk. I want that crested gecko specifically for its fired down colors. So i may need to ask for multiple pics.

I mean I would call it a high white super dal but apparently that's not a morph XD

Yeah, they are! My adults are 7 years old now. Never got a chameleon past 4 years. I have a Leachianus Gecko too, he's huge. A beast at over 280g. Love him to bits!

Did you try sending them pictures of all of your lizards? Maybe that would help them to understand that you are not trying to scam them, but are a serious breeder looking to further the species.

I have a male I ended up getting at the recent expo I went to, he has a lot of possibilities with the colors he shows and the fact that his fire up is pretty much the same as his normal colors as I have seen made me fall in love. I want to breed him with a lavender cream female, especially if I can get her in a quad stripe pattern. I also want to get a super dal girl... or maybe a morph that isn't seen often because it's recessive... and breed it to Strudel since it will have a higher chance of appearing with him ^^

Those are in England XD or somewhere in the UK, can't buy those for sure. And to me the "lilly whites" just look like the white outs that ranomly happen here, or high-white genes.

I am looking for super dalmation female now, preferably with larger spots, and a lavender cream with quad stripe female, after I finish buying the boy I am putting money towards. I have about another 220 to pay off on him.

Your crestie is beautiful! Where'd you get her?
Thanks! I saw her in a local branch of Pets At Home (UK) and keep thinking about her as she was so pale and came towards me when I looked in the enclosure. A few days later I went back for her and new her straight away out of the 5 in the enclosure! She's produced 16 lovely babies. None, however, looked like her!

Back
Top Bottom