Crest damaged

Hi, as you can see from the pics, my pet has hurt his crest. It was white for a few weeks but I thought this was part of the shedding process. It has now fallen off and I’m really worried. The local vets are closed today. Can anyone give me advice please? Thanks
0C4AA3A8-493E-45C7-A580-4ACB85D00F5C.jpeg

Attachments

• 784C4935-EDE9-4578-86CE-8DA42201ED53.jpeg
    784C4935-EDE9-4578-86CE-8DA42201ED53.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 73
It looks like your chameleon had a burn. I would put some antibiotic cream on it and go to the vets tomorrow. Your chameleon will most likely need an antibiotic to prevent infection. Do you have a good chameleon vet? I might be able to recommend a good one if you tell us where you are located.

Hi, as you can see from the pics, my pet has hurt his crest. It was white for a few weeks but I thought this was part of the shedding process. It has now fallen off and I’m really worried. The local vets are closed today. Can anyone give me advice please? Thanks
View attachment 298944
The same thing happened to me like a year and a half ago I had the basking bulbs on the screen and he got a pretty bad burn. I know someone that's basically a vet. he told me to put neoprene... idk if I spelled it right but he's looking a lot better still healing

You should test the bulb/temperature of the BUKB by putting your hand palm side down, inside the cage at the closest spot you can get it to the bulb. If you want to move your hand it's too hot and could burn the chameleon.

Flamazine or silver sulfadiazine cream is a good thing to use on it until you can get to a vet.

Back
Top Bottom