Crazy Super Worm

Zilla23

Established Member
so I got some super worms for Ripley, he seems to like them, however one of the little buggers got away from him and has now burrowed into some of my Great Stuff!!! I can hear it gnawing away AHHHH, has anyone had this issue, what the heck is it going to do, turn into a beetle in there?? I can't find exactly where it is burrowed into so I can't get it out, it is just the constant crunch, crunch, crunch of it gnawing on the Great Stuff, it sounds like a tiny rat in there!!!

I think it won't change unless it doesn't have a food source. I noticed my supers come up to the top of their bin if I put a food item in there. Maybe you can bait it it out hah.

my superworm pupated in my chams cage!!! did a deep clean and there it was it scared me so bad!!!

Haha. That happen to me with a bin I had. I used to store the superworms container in a tub. I was changing tubs and found a beetle walking around in the old one haha.

Haha. That happen to me with a bin I had. I used to store the superworms container in a tub. I was changing tubs and found a beetle walking around in the old one haha.
but I didn't find the beetle... I found that scary looking pupae!!! didn't touch it just picked it up with tweezers and smushed it then threw it away.... so scary...

so I got some super worms for Ripley, he seems to like them, however one of the little buggers got away from him and has now burrowed into some of my Great Stuff!!! I can hear it gnawing away AHHHH, has anyone had this issue, what the heck is it going to do, turn into a beetle in there?? I can't find exactly where it is burrowed into so I can't get it out, it is just the constant crunch, crunch, crunch of it gnawing on the Great Stuff, it sounds like a tiny rat in there!!!
Yep, it'll eat away at foam and you will end up with beetle appearing eventually. Annoying as hell when they're munching.

OMG soooo funny. That soooo sucks. I am a wimp when it comes to noises. The crickets chirping kills me.

WOW! All of this sounds super freaky to me. I do not want to go there. I usually hand feed my superworms only so after reading this :rolleyes: I may definitely stick to that.
I tried hand feeding, but the damn things are so hard and squirmy, UGH!!! so then I switched to tongs but I guess I didn't have a good grip on this one and it fell out of the tongs and I couldn't find it, well I know where it is now...... :p

I tried hand feeding, but the damn things are so hard and squirmy, UGH!!! so then I switched to tongs but I guess I didn't have a good grip on this one and it fell out of the tongs and I couldn't find it, well I know where it is now...... :p
Yeah I can't hand feed or tong feed supers cause they are so squirmy I drop them. So I put them in a cup and hold them up for him.

YES!!! I am experiencing the exact same thing!! Thank you for posting this because I had no idea what the constant crunching sound was. Now I know! Hopefully he will eat the beetle...

With supers... does it mean theyre hungry when they sit above the substrate... or its just random behavior?

Back
Top Bottom