Crazy red head crickets!!!

Panthergirl11

These guys are crazy big and evil looking! And they like to eat each other... I posted a pic of a brown female next to one of these crazy reds.
4cea4a3d-a11e-ecf5.jpg
4cea4a3d-a12b-9f78.jpg

Yea they look evil. Where did you get them? I would be a little scared they would bite my Cham. But I might try some if I find them in LA since it looks like they like to eat.

They are big and some chameleons prefer them, but they also bite, very hard. Not commended for smaller chams and people that are scared of cricket bites.

they arent really agressive, in my experience, they are strong in grip, and have great "meaty" size , also they eat anything and everything lol

apparantly these are the illegal crickets to counter the virus killing the browns.

the other cricket that was legalized is on ghanns cricket website

only got bit once and i gotta say it surprised me

they arent really agressive, in my experience, they are strong in grip, and have great "meaty" size , also they eat anything and everything lol

apparantly these are the illegal crickets to counter the virus killing the browns.

the other cricket that was legalized is on ghanns cricket website

only got bit once and i gotta say it surprised me

did you find them here in LA?? i know they look great in meaty size :D

I used to get my crickets from a place called "Reptile Island" In Yorba Linda and occassionally they will get a shipment in - though, bring your own container because on your trip home they would have most likely all killed eachother and the victor would have chewed it's way out of the bag and it's next target is you!!!

I used to get my crickets from a place called "Reptile Island" In Yorba Linda and occassionally they will get a shipment in - though, bring your own container because on your trip home they would have most likely all killed eachother and the victor would have chewed it's way out of the bag and it's next target is you!!!

hahaha thanks. yes i have heard of reptile island.

A lot of people have been testing these super crickets for parasite and because they are more prone to cannibalism and better at eating flesh of any kind they carry parasites quite often. I fed them for a while to my chams and dragons until I read of this and now I do my best to not use them, except they sell much cheaper and live longer than brown crickets. So I guess the question is if they pro's of black crickets out weigh the cons

I believe I read somewhere that they have a thicker exoskeleton than the browns making them harder to digest.

Back
Top Bottom