Crazy Conversation of the Day

Lathis

Chameleon Enthusiast
It's been awhile since I've done one of these. Share the absurd, confusing, or downright hilarious conversations you overhear today!

(I am at a coffeeshop working while my building is testing the fire alarms. There is a lady behind the counter who is very efficient but has no time for people's nonsense.)

Guy#1: I'll have (ridiculous complicated sugary coffee) and the yogurt buffet.
Lady: The what?
Guy#1: The yogurt buffet.
Lady: Yeah, that's not a thing. Do you want a cup of yogurt instead?
Guy#1: Do you not still have the self-serve?
Lady: No, never did. Nobody does that. It's yogurt.

(about 15 minutes later)
Guy#2: I'll have a large black coffee and a "cwah-soh".
Lady: (totally deadpan) Do you mean a "croissant"?
Guy#2: (snarky) I guess so.
Lady: We're out.

She is my new spirit animal.

I would worry about yogurt going bad or generally stuff getting in it and etc... I mean yogurt is not the easiest thing to keep fresh even if it is refrigerated and covered... what do you do with all the extra stuff at the end of the day?

I think the only crazy conversation I heard today, was between my 3 year old and I. We were walking out of a Dollar General.
Me: C'mon. We're going to a grocery store because they don't have what we need here.
Aeryn: A grocery store?!
Me: Ya! A grocery store. Maybe even on Mars!!
Aeryn: A grocery store on Mars!! Ya! Let's go to a grocery store on Mars!!!

Now. For the greater majority of you, that will make no sense to you. But if you happen to have Time Warner Cable, it will make total sense! If you've never seen/heard of it just Google Time Warner Cable Grocery Store on Mars Commercial.

Yes, the barista or coffee shop worker sounds like a real "love of your life" type if you are into that sort of thing... as far as leftovers at the self serve yoghurt shop( we are talking frozen yoghurt here) i am sure The yoghurt that is not sold has to be eaten by the staff or thrown out at the end of the day. Those soft serve machines have to be sterilized each evening or it becomes a health department food service issue...

Well frozen yogurt makes sense. But I have never had a frozen yogurt in a cafe... area?

I recently purchased a Groupon for Two Five Dollar Cups of Frozen Yoghurt from a storefront operation nearby called "ServeYoSelf" they are both a cafe type set up along with serve yourself Yoghurt. More open hours during the heat of summer as I have yet to find them open to redeem my voucher. Usually these type of operations are Yoghurt and Snacks only but some are also full service cafes.

I actually hate most frozen yogurt places anymore. They have taken over and I have I think one place that serves actual ice cream in my town. Several other places serve gelato which is my favorite above all. Frozen yogurt is just... ew

Well Chicago also has it's share of artisanal traditional real ice cream places as well. Also a very fine frozen custard place "Scooters" just egg yolks cream and sugar as well as various flavors of the day at Scooters. I do love tart Yoghurt so the uptick in their prevalence is fine with me.

Hmm, yogurt with Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Toppings :love:. Too bad there isn't a drooling emoji :LOL:. Sorry, I got distracted :unsure:.

He *must* have been trying to say "parfait." And while his attempt may be pretentious, the French pronunciation sounds a lot more like "cwah-sohn" than "croissant." Must have been funny to hear regardless.

Back
Top Bottom