Covering sides of cage

Edwaldo23

Hey guys,

I had a question about covering a side of my Cham cage. My cham is in my living room and when my daughter is over it can be fairly high traffic in this room. I noticed my cham is getting pretty dark and I'm sure its due to my daughter playing and such. I was wondering if I just covered the side of the cage with a black garbage bag like I use for the back if that would be fine. The cham would still have one side and the front to look out and about. Would the lack of seeing out a second side (back included) bother the Cham at all.

Not sure if its dif by Cham but mine is a Veiled.

Thanks in advance,

Eddie

It's totally fine to put a cover on a side for your cham! I wouldn't cover more than two sides, but if you don't want to move your cage to another less traffic area then that's is definitely a good idea! I have two sides covered on my cham's cage, it help hold humidity and it makes her less nervous when I'm working at my desk. However, my covers are aquarium prints, a black trash bag may also make him/her turn dark colors.

You could use some cloth versus the plastic, maybe like a burlap so that it will still let airflow happen but would block the line of sight?

Before I moved my beardie she was right next to my cham cage and was constantly mean mugging him and giving constant stink eye so I just took a dish towel and draped it over the side of the cham cage. I held it there with I think a butter knife. But ya, that's super easy and it's something you could just put up when your daughters over and then take back down once she's gone. Right now I use a throw blanket over the entire cage at night since he's in my livingroom and I don't really like living in complete darkness while he's trying to sleep. Then I just take it off when I go to bed since he's up much earlier than I am :)

If I use black will it really make her sustain a darker color? I use black by default for the back wall to which the cham is closest to most the time, could this be part of why she is normally a darker green and not more of a bright green? Would white perhaps be a better option?

I would think white would be a better option, if for no other reason white will reflect more light back into the cage, chams like the bright light!

Back
Top Bottom