Covering a mirror

mightymisha9

I'm planning to convert a china cabinet into a vivarium, but the back of the china cabinet is one big, lovely mirror. I know this is no bueno for a happy chameleon. Thoughts on how to cover the mirror? Artificial hedge mat? Vinyl window cling? Living moss? Bamboo screen?

Make a nice rock wall with Styrofoam, slap on a few layers of tile adhesive, paint it (if you want), slap on a layer or two epoxy and sprinkle with sand to give it some texture, done rock wall!.

I used to make these for my enclosures even for aquarium once... I did not do it with the current enclosures as I decided to go with a 'vertical garden' and a black background to make colors pop.

Or you could just paint it...

Great stuff pond and stone spray will stick to almost anything and creates great stone like texture. You might have to strap some branches across it first so it gets purchase. It is safe to use with fish once cured and I use it in several of my enclosures.
Dragon strand has an advanced cage tutorial that explains how to use it.

Last edited:
Break it! Just smash it and scrape it off or remove the backing. If you’re just gonna cover it, it’s dead weight anyway.

Back
Top Bottom