couple quick questions. live viv

Trippybudz

Sup guys, first post long time reptile lover.

So, I'm in the process of planning a live plant vivarium. The new enclosure should be here by the end of the week. Reptibreeze XL. I have the perfect sealed bottom for it that'll fit it perfect (after I secure it, and it has wheels on the base) giving me extra depth for some live plants.

I've done the research on plants needed, have the lights/heat ready for the upgrade. Have a timed mist system and an ultrasonic humidifier I can adjust as needed, so that's all set ready to go. So here are my main questions.

It's a female veiled chameleon, full grown, not too sure of the age, maybe about 2 years old, she was a rescue. Health is good now, but I want to give her a great environment with live plants.

To give about a 2-3inch deoth, how many nags of hydroballs would I need? (Aware of false bottoms)

And also, on top of the screen layer, if I added a layer of substrate good for my plants and a layer of coconut fiber on top of that, with leaf litter and sphagnum moss, would that help prevent impaction?

I've had reptiles on coconut husk before and never had a problem, but they weren't quite as delicate as my chameleon. Would maybe something bigger like say Reptibark be a better use over the coconut husk?

Back
Top Bottom