Could use help and guidance - new veiled owner with new rescue

No, but she looked and felt like a beached whale. She hopefully doesn't have them, but the way she splays her back legs and rests her stomach between branches makes me think she's uncomfortable. She had a clean fecal before Christmas.

Granted, I have no idea what a healthy, proper weight female Veiled is supposed to feel like. ;)

She's super adorable. Looks like she's doing great with you! I've also been doing a lot of research into healthy Veiled weights as I think my guy might be a tad thin.

One last photo before I end this topic. I have to share this one! This is the most color she's showed yet. She was not so happy after the whole weighing event!
WP_20160108_16_53_54_Pro__highres (1920x1079).jpg

After successfully laying a ton (59!) eggs, it was obvious that she was fully recovered and doing well enough to find her a permanent home. A friend of a friend has a thing for rescues like I do, and has a few other MBD reptiles. She left about an hour ago with Jane. I feel very comfortable about the situation, will hopefully get updates for the rest of Jane's life. I realized that diurnal animals are not for me - I'm too nocturnal! But I still have all the supplies and would take another to temporarily rehab in a heartbeat if it was needed.

Back
Top Bottom