Could this be the start of an eye infection?

I would just mist heavily with RO or distilled water and make sure the eyes get misted with a hand or pump sprayer and it should start the "eye cleaning." Also might want to supplement with some Vitamin A.

I watched the video where he’s dulling down the needle then using it in the chams eye and personally I think that was entirely wrong! He did poke the animals eye ball and could have scratched the cornea or even ruptured the eyeball itself not to mention the fact that in dulling down the needle, it’s no longer sterile and he could introduce an infection. I think it was very irresponsible of him! Is he a vet?
I would argue Petr knows more about chameleons, and specifically their medical care, than 90% of exotic vets out there. Some things require hands on knowledge. I have ran into several exotic vets that don't even know chameleon basics.

I would argue Petr knows more about chameleons, and specifically their medical care, than 90% of exotic vets out there. Some things require hands on knowledge. I have ran into several exotic vets that don't even know chameleon basics.
Agreed. Most vets, even one's touting experience with chameleons, still lack lots of knowledge that we would hope an experienced vet would have.

I wouldn't feel comfortable doing what Necas has done myself, but I know that he knows what he's talking about in situations like these.

I do agree, yes there are situations where a vet needs to flush a chams eye but a needle is not the thing to use, especially one that’s rigid and not sterile. I think a silicone tube or something soft and pliable should be used. Surely they have something at their disposal that is not hard. He probably is a very smart man and knows a lot about chameleons but he isn’t a vet with veterinary supplies available to him. I just don’t think making that video and telling people this is how you do it is the right thing to do because then anyone out there will think they can. I just think it’s irresponsible of him.

Back
Top Bottom