Could someone check please

The light is fine I would raise it up tho 160w has gotta be cooking it in there that could be the reason you feel you need to be misting more and causing him to poop like he’s dehydrated and that type of heat will dehydrate him the feeders you are using are fine your good there just change up that d3 dusting and your good

I personally would by a linear bulb with a reflector. Not this specific one but just to give you an idea of what it might look like
24-t5.jpg

For an adult male panther, you really need a larger enclosure. Most recommend a minimum of the 2x2x4 screened enclosures(that’s in feet, sorry, wacky measurements in America). I really love the exo terra terrariums, their largest model is the large extra tall(90x45x90cm). I use it for my male panther. Some may say it’s too small, but the volume is large enough in my opinion.

There is nothing wrong with that bulb it’s one hardcore bulb people quit trying to confuse him if you know nothing about those lights don’t bother trying to suggest anything

The light is fine I would raise it up tho 160w has gotta be cooking it in there that could be the reason you feel you need to be misting more and causing him to poop like he’s dehydrated and that type of heat will dehydrate him the feeders you are using are fine your good there just change up that d3 dusting and your good

Thanks I’m pleased at least that is right.

At what height above the cage ,do you think?

The problem with mercury vapor bulbs (what you have) is there is no way for your cham to bask without uvb or your cham to get uvb without basking, which is why they’re ideally separate. Also, with mercury vapor bulbs, by the time you get your temperature to the right degree, there is either way too much uvb or way too little. So unless you’re checking the uvb amount with a meter (which is at minimum $150), it’s cheaper and better to have a separate basking spot and linear uvb bulb

So are you saying in the wild you can bask with no uvb? Once he raises it to get the right temp it’s 160w he won’t lose much uvb even with the screen in the way

So are you saying in the wild you can bask with no uvb? Once he raises it to get the right temp it’s 160w he won’t lose much uvb even with the screen in the way
In the wild, of course you will get UVB when basking. Problem with using a heat/UVB bulb, is if you move it up or down to provide the right basking temp, you will GREATLY effect the UVB that the chameleon receives. A few inches will mean the difference between not nearly enough, and way too much. Not to mention burn in and the loss of UVB output over time. It can work, I use a metal hallide bulb myself, but must be constantly monitored. This monitoring includes both temp and UVI or UVB. Best to always provide UVB via a t5 fluorescent fixture. It will cover much more of the cage, and remain safe throughout its life.

Yes that’s all true but still can be done if you know what your doing and a little research and time you can get there yes it would be good to have a reader for the uvb but if you can’t afford to get a t5 fixture at the moment the bulb will work it’s a 160w so raising that won’t lose much uvb at all if anything it’s gonna spread uvb more but in the meantime it could still work till they can get what they need

Sorry what does compact / linear mean.

I will post pic of what I have

They are asking, “Is it a bulb or a long tube?”

Everyone here will recommend a T5HO bulb format. The compact bulbs that fit in incandescent type fixtures just don’t seem to be adequate for good chameleon health. The T5HO fixtures aren’t cheap though, like everything else with chameleons.

Edit: wow I should have refreshed the page before posting. Whole page of posts that wasn’t there before, sorry. Glad he has good lights already.

Back
Top Bottom