Could someone check please

Leighqt

NewChameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - 14 week Male Panther, been in my care about a week.
  • Handling - A few times a day, both my daughter and I
  • Feeding - He is currently eating small size Black crickets, I have been paying close attention to this as he is not eating many ,maybe 5 a day. There is also small size locust which I have observed him eat but mostly he ignores, I even saw on climb on his back before he shook it off ( I was about to remove locust. I aim to provide Dubai roaches,Cricket,locust, with occasional treats of wormssilk or horn. I will prob avoid Mealies. I have Gut loaded the crickets with Carrot and they live in a Cricket tank. Cricket gel and food has been ordered.
  • Supplements - Exo terracalcium with D3; (every feeding, ?) multi fits ( brand I don’t know until I arrives I have a bad memory when it comes to online shopping)
  • Watering - I have made a Dripper out of a water bottle and I hand mist at least twice a day. Eventually I will by a mist king.
  • Fecal Description - Brown with Orange tip
  • History - I have seen both Parents and they are healthy

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Exo Terra Med x tall, w 60 ,d 45, h90, Glass with screen vent
  • Lighting -160 W solar d3 basking bulb all in one by Komodo
  • Temperature - Using a Komodo Disc shaped Thermo Hygrometer measured in Celsius , this is placed on the left side of viv about mid way up, temp seems to be between 20 and 30 consistently. He often doesn’t Bask under the bulb seems to prefer shade
  • Humidity - Using the same product as above, but this is where I am unsure and would like help , it seems to be at 40 c , going up to 70, am i misting too much or too little ?
  • Plants - One real plant ( tall) 2 Plastic, this will increase as he ages , he also has vines to walk on
  • Placement , In a corner in living room on a table, low traffic
  • Location - Wales UK

Current Problem - Humidity and areas I can improve.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 134
Add more horizontal branches and d3 should not be given every day. Also only handle him on his own terms. The humidity seems fine. How long are the mistings?

Plain calcium without d3 everyday, d3 twice a month and multivits twice a month, though it sounds like you are in the UK so can you post pics of your supplements? Sometimes there's an all in one and I need to make sure you aren't using one and that you aren't doing it correctly. ^^

Basking like he is, is pretty normal for babies. Make sure the light is lifted off the top of the cage cause he can climb the back ground and get to the top and as babies they will and he could burn himself on a light like that easily.

When you mist does it fluxuate regularly? Like 40-70 and only reaching 70 for a few hours after you mist? If so this is normal and good.

Plain calcium without d3 everyday, d3 twice a month and multivits twice a month, though it sounds like you are in the UK so can you post pics of your supplements? Sometimes there's an all in one and I need to make sure you aren't using one and that you aren't doing it correctly. ^^

Basking like he is, is pretty normal for babies. Make sure the light is lifted off the top of the cage cause he can climb the back ground and get to the top and as babies they will and he could burn himself on a light like that easily.

When you mist does it fluxuate regularly? Like 40-70 and only reaching 70 for a few hours after you mist? If so this is normal and good.
im having to spray quite often and give it a good soaking to reach 70, it tends to be consistent around40 - 50

I will post pics of the supplements when they arrive.

More vines , is a defo I have been looking at some to buy.

I’m trying to do them forapprox a minute or 2 mins, giving it a good spray also wetting vines
I would mist for at least three minutes at a time. Or even five. Also let the cage dry between mistings! Additionally I gently spray my cham directly. That helps him clean his eyes.

chameleons are like fish do not handle unless they want to be handled.

BSF BSFL BBF mantids stick bugs and roaches( orange, ivorys) those are all good

calcium with out d3 is best every feeding supplementing calcium with d3 and multivitamin 3 times a week

mist at least 3 times a day making sure that he drinks also mist minimum of 2 mins

orange means he is dehydrated like not even slightly dehydrated like REALLY dehydrated!! it should be white

give hornworms to increase the hydration

he needs a uvb bulb, so u have one if not it has to be linear compact doesnt emit nearly enough uvb

what kind of plant also he needs more horizontal branches unused space = wasted space

chameleons are like fish do not handle unless they want to be handled.

BSF BSFL BBF mantids stick bugs and roaches( orange, ivorys) those are all good

calcium with out d3 is best every feeding supplementing calcium with d3 and multivitamin 3 times a week

mist at least 3 times a day making sure that he drinks also mist minimum of 2 mins

orange means he is dehydrated like not even slightly dehydrated like REALLY dehydrated!! it should be white

give hornworms to increase the hydration

he needs a uvb bulb, so u have one if not it has to be linear compact doesnt emit nearly enough uvb

what kind of plant also he needs more horizontal branches unused space = wasted space

More vines have been ordered as have multi vitamin and calcium with D3. The bulb I have is uvb

I’ve been advised to keep the tank a bit bare while he’s so young to enable him to hunt better but eventually plan a bioactive setup and a Fogger for sure, which will help with Humidity

Your humidity may be fine. Those types of gauges are cheap and extremely inaccurate. You will need a larger enclosure, very soon. I’d start on the largest exo terra cage ASAP. Bioactive is the way to go, but it takes months to perfect.

Your humidity may be fine. Those types of gauges are cheap and extremely inaccurate. You will need a larger enclosure, very soon. I’d start on the largest exo terra cage ASAP. Bioactive is the way to go, but it takes months to perfect.

Really ,I was under the impression this would be ok fora adult too. I literally just got this Viv a week ago after saving for weeks. Their was a problem with my initial order from the shop and I also paid extra for this current one.

Last edited:
Pics of bulb.

If this bulb is not right my question is

Does it need to be change immediately

Attachments

• 5ED492BE-D864-4879-B681-83E2D229B131.jpeg
    5ED492BE-D864-4879-B681-83E2D229B131.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 72
  • 47D9A5C7-0787-4380-986D-83352929D028.jpeg
    47D9A5C7-0787-4380-986D-83352929D028.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 91
Back