could i use a green house

Nikster199

hi was in a local shop looking for plants and i found a cheap green house and was wondering if i could make a cage out of it?

im going to put nylon mesh on the sides and metal mesh on the top. i will keep the clear nylon on the front, back and bottom but i will put a vents in the back for more ventilation. all the corners and sides will be siliconed so no crickets can escape.
the base will be raised and the bottom will have holes for drainage into a tray under it.
Dimensions: 100 x 50 x 150cm high

what do you think?

Attachments

• chameleon ca.jpg
    chameleon ca.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 109
You could use this, probably a concern would be making it so it will contain the insects.

Also, it may be a challenge to attach the screen to the metal pole structure for the top.

If the front vinyl is a door, does it zipper shut or tie?

Always enjoyable to be creative, just look at the obstacles before you enter the race!:D

Nick

If you plan on leaving your cham in the greenhouse for extended periods unsupervised, you might consider how to make it animal proof.

hi was in a local shop looking for plants and i found a cheap green house and was wondering if i could make a cage out of it?

im going to put nylon mesh on the sides and metal mesh on the top. i will keep the clear nylon on the front, back and bottom but i will put a vents in the back for more ventilation. all the corners and sides will be siliconed so no crickets can escape.
the base will be raised and the bottom will have holes for drainage into a tray under it.
Dimensions: 100 x 50 x 150cm high

what do you think?

How inexpensive is this ?
I can tell you once you buy supplies you could have already bought a reptarium which is basically what you explained above.

How inexpensive is this ?
I can tell you once you buy supplies you could have already bought a reptarium which is basically what you explained above.

This is more of a temporary cage till the chameleon gets bigger because i am building a bigger custom cage. And the mesh for the sides are only £2.50 per metre. And silicone is like £3 a tube.
A reptibreeze cage costs £100+
And my custom cage is 100cmx120cmx60cm and only works out to £40 to build

Back
Top Bottom