Coronapocolypse

Wow this nonsense is getting out of hand. Trying to find a temperature gun to measure temps in my set up and there are none to be had! Apparently people bought them up after the regular thermometers ran out, they're not even accurate for that type of use. I mean seriously...what! No TP, no meat, veggies are hard to find to gut load the bugs. This stuff is getting out of hand.

It's a domino effect. "What? Everyone is buying out toilet paper? I guess I need to load up too!". I think social media played into this bit too with all of the memes. And then this began applying to every other type of item in a food store. Over the next few weeks food stores will have stock again.

Amazon has temp guns : https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Las...eywords=temperature+gun&qid=1584895048&sr=8-6
Thank you I had looked on amazon but hadnt found any instock. I found one at harbour freight for 17.99 not sure when it would arrive though.

Definitely a toss up going with harbor freight, but something like a temperature gun might be worth the risk considering the shortage of options. There are no moving parts so there's a possibility it will last.

And there is always the possibility that pigs will fly, but don't count on me buying a pig poo protective poncho (P4) anytime soon. LOL

In all seriousness though, I am not sure I could feel comfortable risking the safety of my Chams on the basis of relying on something from there, given their track record. But that is, of course, an individual decision and only my opinion...worth the paper it isn't written on.

Definitely a toss up going with harbor freight, but something like a temperature gun might be worth the risk considering the shortage of options. There are no moving parts so there's a possibility it will last.

At least with a heat gun you can test it with a regular thermometer. As long as it change is accurate you can + - for temp.
I always run my stuff through some tests. I think mostly for fun, but still.

Yeah, you can confirm accuracy by shooting at ice or boiling water? or if you have another thermometer that you know is accurate, calibrate with that.

Well I wondered about harbour freight myself. I didnt think to check ebay but with the scarcity of things I wouldn't be surprised if they were double the cost just because on there. I can get a regular digital one they make for reptiles that may have to do until the ones on Amazon can be shipped. If I cant find a decent priced one on ebay. I've checked walmart and lowes everything is out.

Complete lock down for me as well, since I have a suppressed immune system.

I'm lucky I ordered most of my cham supplies before amazon decided to stop shipping "non essential items"

That said I'm still needing more before I can even consider bring my cham home.

Were not on lockdown here. I work in a doctors office so yeah no stay home for me lol. Itd be nice if I could find stuff though.

My hubby temp gunned my forehead last night before I went to sleep. It's the regular one I use for my cages, not a medical one. He looks at it and says it's good. I ask what it read, he says, 96.9. I mentioned that's well below normal temperatures - he said maybe it's because he temped my wet hair :ROFLMAO: Not going to trust that temp gun for this purpose...

My hubby temp gunned my forehead last night before I went to sleep. It's the regular one I use for my cages, not a medical one. He looks at it and says it's good. I ask what it read, he says, 96.9. I mentioned that's well below normal temperatures - he said maybe it's because he temped my wet hair :ROFLMAO: Not going to trust that temp gun for this purpose...
Generally I dont trust stuff like that for accurate temp. The ones they roll on your forehead I dont like either. I love the ear ones for a temp. They're very accurate.

And there is always the possibility that pigs will fly, but don't count on me buying a pig poo protective poncho (P4) anytime soon. LOL

In all seriousness though, I am not sure I could feel comfortable risking the safety of my Chams on the basis of relying on something from there, given their track record. But that is, of course, an individual decision and only my opinion...worth the paper it isn't written on.
I've been using one from harbor freight for over a year now and it is right on. Guess I got lucky?

Generally I dont trust stuff like that for accurate temp. The ones they roll on your forehead I dont like either. I love the ear ones for a temp. They're very accurate.

Honestly I think it was more of a joke on his part than trying to get an accurate reading. :) Just his way of bringing a little smile to my face before bedtime, I think.

Honestly I think it was more of a joke on his part than trying to get an accurate reading. :) Just his way of bringing a little smile to my face before bedtime, I think.
After reading I tried mine out on myself as well as wife. Both regestered 98.4?

Back
Top Bottom