Converting misting heads to drippers?

I am currently running 16 Aquazamp misting heads on a MistKing pump. I feel like I'm wasting a lot of water, and I notice that my chameleons like it when my reservoir is running low and the nozzles begin to drip rather than spray. I have the misters functioning as a rain dome would function, but they really like the single drip like the old-school drippers work.

Is there a way to make them drip rather than spray? I thought of putting a wad of gum over them;) But seriously, has anyone ever made this conversion successfully?

I am currently running 16 Aquazamp misting heads on a MistKing pump. I feel like I'm wasting a lot of water, and I notice that my chameleons like it when my reservoir is running low and the nozzles begin to drip rather than spray. I have the misters functioning as a rain dome would function, but they really like the single drip like the old-school drippers work.

Is there a way to make them drip rather than spray? I thought of putting a wad of gum over them;) But seriously, has anyone ever made this conversion successfully?

Whether the heads drip or spray probably depends on the pump pressure. I don't know anything about the Aquazamp, but if you tried an underpowered pump the nozzles might just drip. Can you switch out the pump at all? Or, possibly use the lines and nozzles but attach them to a smaller pump like the types sold for tabletop fountains? I made similar drippers for my leaf frogs from small pumps and perforated air tubing. These frogs despised being misted, but they would sit near drips happily for hours.

Attachments

• great face.jpg
    great face.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Whether the heads drip or spray probably depends on the pump pressure. I don't know anything about the Aquazamp, but if you tried an underpowered pump the nozzles might just drip. Can you switch out the pump at all? Or, possibly use the lines and nozzles but attach them to a smaller pump like the types sold for tabletop fountains? I made similar drippers for my leaf frogs from small pumps and perforated air tubing. These frogs despised being misted, but they would sit near drips happily for hours.

Ah-ha! Now there is an idea I haven't thought of and it seems perfectly logical that it could work. I just may try that! Thank you:)

Just keep in mind, they may prefer to drink from a drip, but before you change it all up completely, just double check how losing the misting portion of the spray will affect your humidity?

Back
Top Bottom