Contest Theme Suggestion

I really love this idea for a theme! You definitely have my vote!!! I hope it this gets chosen. Fingers crossed.

Arms up, dancing, upside down, doing human activities, best outdoor pic, best hiding, best stretch.

We need a theme for May :cool:

Let's get a few good ideas together and I'll create a quick 3 day poll.

Chameleons against plain background. Like green screen style, all you see is the animal.

Chameleon face shots.

Black and white.

Multiple chameleons in one shot.

Mother's day is in May, perhaps a female feature of some sort again. Either multiple girls, or girls and flowers, etc.

But I'd love something that lets you be more creative:

Perhaps the theme should just be a color - so say the theme is yellow, you can do whatever you want as long as you incorporate the theme color.
That might lend itself to some very creative photos. Unfortunately any color you say will automatically mean there's a panther that will be sole focus of the photo but it might inspire people to make their photos colorful creatively and give other chameleons a chance as well.

Or a word. I participate in photo contests elsewhere that put up words as a theme, so right now the challenge word is "Wind," and before it was "Sky," or "Fluffy," and it lends itself to really creative ideas.

Memorial Day and Armed Forces Day are both in May, maybe something patriotic? (Red White and Blue or something like that...)

You could even do an April showers bring "May Flowers" theme...

Macro shots of eyes or tails.

Weve done that though...

Mother's day is in May, perhaps a female feature of some sort again. Either multiple girls, or girls and flowers, etc.
Again, as youve stated, weve done that...
But I'd love something that lets you be more creative:

Perhaps the theme should just be a color - so say the theme is yellow, you can do whatever you want as long as you incorporate the theme color.
That might lend itself to some very creative photos. Unfortunately any color you say will automatically mean there's a panther that will be sole focus of the photo but it might inspire people to make their photos colorful creatively and give other chameleons a chance as well.

Or a word. I participate in photo contests elsewhere that put up words as a theme, so right now the challenge word is "Wind," and before it was "Sky," or "Fluffy," and it lends itself to really creative ideas.

I like these ideas.

Memorial Day and Armed Forces Day are both in May, maybe something patriotic? (Red White and Blue or something like that...)

You could even do an April showers bring "May Flowers" theme...

The flowers would be ok, but this is a multi-national forum, and while Im not sure how many calendars get sent off to Romania, I do know we have participants from all over the globe, and they may just feel a bit left out...

Thank you everyone :D

Chameleon Face Shot - I like this. Did we do something similar last year where chams had to be staring with both eyes into the camera?

Black and White - That would be cool but I'm not sure many have the ability to take or convert to b/w.

Macro Shots - Always a great idea.

Mother's Day - Always a good choice. The only problem is that not everyone has a female chameleon.

Color - I really like that idea! It's creative and does not preclude anyone. The word idea is similar and just as good.

May Flowers - That could be nice. I usually prefer attractive natural backgrounds and May is a good time for that.

i like the black and white idea a lot as it the photos placing would show more skill in focus and well shot pictures as black and white is more challenging to photograph :)

macro shots, face shots, color and flowers sounds really fun too!

cant wait to find out what the theme shall be! its going to be a challenge! :D

I know that not everyone gets their chams at very young ages, but what about a baby picture contest??? :D Bet that would be the toughest one ever!!! ;)

Hi Brad,

I might be a little slow here tonight but what's a lemonade theme?

I have a yellow veiled. Is she lemonade? :D
Sorry I missed your post :eek:
I admit it's a crazy theme. We wanted to try something a little different this time. I'm afraid that if I try to define it I will stifle creativity so let's just see what everyone comes up with.

Back
Top Bottom