Contest Rule Changes

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
These changes will begin July 1st:

Photo Pixel Width:

The minimum width is increasing from 800px to 1000px. This will likely increase even further in the 4th quarter of this year. The smaller sizes are just not compatible with calendars.

Entry Period:
For the remainder of the year the entry period for each month will be reduced by 1 week. That will put the entry deadline around the 10th of each month instead of the 17th.

Reduction Phase:
For the remainder of the year I will be trying different ideas on how to make the reduction stage more efficient. I also want to reduce the average number of voting options each month. I feel that our average number of 16 is too much for most members to fully review before voting. The contest will likely become more difficult to reach the final voting stage, but at the same time I don't want to discourage anyone from trying. From my perspective the more people that enter the better.

If you scroll to the bottom of the home page, below the new thread list, there is a tab of voting and entering the monthly photo contest. Right now it is only voting, but you will be able to enter a picture for next month after this month's competition has finished.

Back
Top Bottom