Constipated....finally passed huge poop/urate....reason?

Ashleyg

So in the last few months i've noticed infrequent urate and poop, but then a giant one like once or twice a month.... I've been letting the enclosure get into the 50's at night/early am (bottom of cage), wondering if maybe its getting too cool? I've researched a bit to find that being cold might be the cause. I've raised temps in the last week with frequent horn worm feedings and he finally went today and it was huge (urate and poop)....anyone experience this? Trying to get him on a more frequent pattern.

up to 85 day/down to about 55 degrees (bottom) at night, 67 top, with fogging (i'm in California)

Feeding crickets and dubias with arcadia vitamins, LoD twice a month

Here's a pic of the urate, its very wet from the horn worms.

My husbandry etc is on point with Chameleon Academy for the most part.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Ash

IMG_0620.JPG

So in the last few months i've noticed infrequent urate and poop, but then a giant one like once or twice a month.... I've been letting the enclosure get into the 50's at night/early am (bottom of cage), wondering if maybe its getting too cool? I've researched a bit to find that being cold might be the cause. I've raised temps in the last week with frequent horn worm feedings and he finally went today and it was huge (urate and poop)....anyone experience this? Trying to get him on a more frequent pattern.

up to 85 day/down to about 55 degrees (bottom) at night, 67 top, with fogging (i'm in California)

Feeding crickets and dubias with arcadia vitamins, LoD twice a month

Here's a pic of the urate, its very wet from the horn worms.

My husbandry etc is on point with Chameleon Academy for the most part.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Ash

View attachment 313634
Out of curiosity, by chance a female and recently laid eggs??

Constipated....finally passed huge poop/urate....reason?​

Biting a hole clean through my lip here... 😏

AFAIK, digestion in chams (& other reptiles) is assisted by basking, which is why it's so important to get the temps right. I'm not saying yours are wrong or anything; I'm just throwing it out there as a possible clue... e.g. his temps may be right, but is he getting enough time in them? 🤷‍♂️

My panther always poos very early in (his) morning. Does your Veiled have a particular time, and is he (pun intended) regular about it? (The time—I understand about the frequency).

Can't just give him a bath like one might a bearded dragon, but I'm wondering if a slight temporary increase in basking temp—and/or duration—mightn't help.

Biting a hole clean through my lip here... 😏

AFAIK, digestion in chams (& other reptiles) is assisted by basking, which is why it's so important to get the temps right. I'm not saying yours are wrong or anything; I'm just throwing it out there as a possible clue... e.g. his temps may be right, but is he getting enough time in them? 🤷‍♂️

My panther always poos very early in (his) morning. Does your Veiled have a particular time, and is he (pun intended) regular about it? (The time—I understand about the frequency).

Can't just give him a bath like one might a bearded dragon, but I'm wondering if a slight temporary increase in basking temp—and/or duration—mightn't help.
Well it's been a little difficult navigating the fall temperature changes in SoCal where one week its 95 degrees, next is 68 degrees with mornings getting in the low 50's. I have adjusted the light to come on earlier, and keeping the morning ambient temperature up a bit. The temperature night/am was getting pretty low with fogging, because the ambient temp in my house has been lower.

He's been eating like a champ, i never see him drink from dripper or mist, so trying to get regular with the horn worms.

Back
Top Bottom